• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 1969 Charger R/T

Metal work is expensive and so is paint, but I'd want pics of the metal work to verify that it was done properly
Exactly.....the car might be a total Bondo bomb for all we/or you know.

My advice is to take a fridge magnet (like the RockAuto ones) and see if it falls of the body panels - vertical panels especially. Fridge magnets won't harm the surface, but wont stick if the Bondo is too heavy.

I passed. Seller wouldn’t come down below 25k. Metal work done but the fenders were cratered with rust and patched in several spot. Needs a passenger door. Missing a bunch of parts. The Dana rear is gone. No air cleaner or exhaust manifolds, etc... All interior soft parts unusable.
Not F6 spring green. Coded for F8.
The engine is a 1972 and the trans is a 1973.

No sense buying a car you know you would ultimately be unhappy with.

So was it a factory column or console shift? And was it coded for a dana rear axle?

440 cars with automatics came with the 8 3/4 as standard. You could have upgraded to the Dana. 4 speed 440 cars came standard with the Dana.
I think you were wise to pass at 25k. Cars that have the metalwork done and are in primer "ready for paint" are usually a problem. I'll bet you would have ended up stripping it back down to bare metal.

I passed. Seller wouldn’t come down below 25k. Metal work done but the fenders were cratered with rust and patched in several spot. Needs a passenger door. Missing a bunch of parts. The Dana rear is gone. No air cleaner or exhaust manifolds, etc... All interior soft parts unusable.

Would have also passed.
No way i would shell out big bucks for something like that. :D

View attachment 1005175 View attachment 1005176 I'm looking at a local car tomorrow. Owner giving up on a resto. The shell is on a rotisserie that comes with the sale. Its a 69 R/T with nice fender tag and broadcast sheet. Spring Green car F6. Non original drivetrain 440 auto. Not sure if its column shift or not. All parts come with the car but I'm assuming most needing restoration. Car is totally disassembled but looks like all the metal work is done. Its currently in primer. Any idea on a number? I tossed out 15K before even looking at it.

Tom
For what it supposedly is, 15 may be right or maybe a little short. I just bought a rotisserie and paid 1500.00

Defiantly not worth 25k

Engine and trans are different years from the car? Dana is missing? It was his daily driver? How would it get that way? My guess is he was parting it out and changed his mind. Destroyed the potential value of the car

Auto Transport Service
Back