• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOM or not?

Kimodc

Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Can’t decide if I should put wheel opening moundings back on or not. My originals are too far gone, so I would be looking at repops. Can anyone tell me how the repops fit? I have tried to reuse as many original parts as I can because I have been disappointed with most reproduced parts thus far, so if anyone has experience with the reproduced WOM, I would like to hear. The holes from the pre-existing ones have all been patched, as I was planing on deleting them, but am wondering if that was a mistake?

I cleaned up the best of my originals and double side taped it in place on the rear wheel opening just to get the visual…….

D0D78D7E-2CEC-4AB8-8238-725FCC3653A9.jpeg

BC389DFF-BAC9-4C77-82BE-F8B558AB9273.jpeg

19756ABF-7CA4-467C-A90E-55ED1BF4447D.jpeg

I think Classic Industries sell these. It used to be Metro that made them, but Classic bought them out years ago. I bought a repro set of lower sill moldings from them for my '67 R/T and they were real nice and fit well. Their wheel well moldings might be made of aluminum instead of original SS. Make sure you ask.

Thanks, I see that Classic Industries sells OER moldings, and AMD looks to have sell their own ones. The mouldings originally on my car are anodized aluminum. Should they have been stainless steel? The moldings for the Charger specifically say stainless steel, but descriptions for the moldings I need say “made to OE specs from original material”

68-70 Plymouth WW trim is aluminum from the factory.

Put 'em on....icing on the cake!
20220628_113413.jpg
20220923_173125.jpg

I've installed a few sets of OER brand........ they fit pretty darn good

Put 'em on....icing on the cake!

Wow! Great looking car….definitely better with them on. You have all convinced me. I appreciate Eldubb letting me know the OER trims fit good, but I ordered an AMD set last night, so I will let you all know how they fit…..hopefully soon!

Auto Transport Service
Back