• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wondering how many women chime in

It really is just dumb luck and chance.
Mary was not specifically a car person but she saw how much I enjoyed it and she joined in. One of the many things that endeared her to me was that she was just so NON judgmental and supportive of what I liked. THAT is a great thing to have in a woman. I could have been a Ford or Chevy guy and she would have been just as cool. She is funny, sarcastic and smart. I really lucked out with her.

Mary.jpg

If you want to meet classy, health-oriented women, take a dance class. I met an attractive 40 year old from Thailand at an evening community center ballroom dance class in Los Angeles.

And I married a 35 year old Mexican (no description necessary) who I met in a community college country western dance class in El Paso. I have two left feet, so dancing talent was not a factor on my part. The Mexican's brother is a top notch mechanic so she knows a lot about our "older" cars.

P.S edit: We have six cars at home for the moment, so wifey is on board. In fact, she found our '65 Valiant convertible on CL in the Seattle area. I drove it home.

Last edited:
After getting called out by name :D I guess I should add a few comments.

I'm a member of nearly 200 groups on FaceBook, the vast majority of which are car related in general and heavily favor Mopars. For more than ten years I have participated a lot here and on FABO and Garage Journal, and Moparts, the Viper Club of America, Motortopia and a few others to a lesser extent. Powder coating forums lost their appeal to me many moons ago -- I don't enjoy watching the blind lead the blind and frankly have little time to teach the world to sing if ya get my drift.

Billy and I met in a Car Chat called Ford vs. Chevy on AOL way back in 1999. He lived near New Orleans and I was in SoCal. Two of few Mopar fans amongst hundreds of nightly enthusiasts, we eventually started typing. I'd had my Barracuda eight years by then; being my first resto, his years of experience building cars was very helpful and we discovered we had a lot in common. Our first phone call in 2001 lasted five hours.

I quit my tenured law firm job in 2003 after my daughter turned 18 and was heading off to school. I rented a U-Haul car trailer, packed my crap and hit the road to Louisiana. I was sick of California, the only things keeping me there were irrelevant, and I figured it was a 50/50 shot whether Billy would work out. If he turned out to be a dick I could just jump in that big F350 and continue my trip somewhere else. My second day there we built the 340 I brought with me that's in my car. (See my story from yesterday in the Does Your Wife Help With Your Car? thread.)

It's been over 15 years since. We never married and never will by mutual agreement.

These days he spends most of his time working on personal car and bike projects, and my *** is in the shop keeping the bills paid. I haven't worked on my own car in a couple years (exhaust is still in a box from ... 2010 :wtf:) but I love what I do keeping all of you guys beautified. He lost interest in the business in 2009 -- rather build a whole car than just a couple random parts -- but sometimes blasts stuff if I ask or appear stressed. Tonight he even surprised me by cooking supper!!

Summing up, car chicks ARE out there and more are getting converted every day. Look at all the lady commentators, racers and builders now versus just a few short decades ago when the NHRA laughed at Shirley Muldowney. Vic Edelbrock's daughters run his company now. Ever see Kimmy? She's a knockout and the CEO of Aerospace Components. Courtney Hansen is a legend in her own right. All of them were single at one time and I believe more than one still is.

If you're a lush look in bars, if you're religious look at church, and if you're a car guy go to more events and consider joining a local car club (even if most are Chevy and Ford guys). But I believe when you stop actively looking for her, that's when she will find YOU. And she'll knock your socks off and suggest ya help her rebuild that POS 383 in her Charger next weekend.

Have faith grasshopper.:wetting:

Last edited:
...and you can make it happen...

...if you're selective about who you spend time with, are honest and open, and don't rush to get involved with the first pretty girl that doesn't snub you.

However....be prepared to wait, and keep trying.

As mentioned above a lot of girls with similar interests get caught in the "friend zone" and for whatever reason can't see the potential long term relationship material that is right in front of them.

There are actually several books on this subject.

You can't fix that either, and unfortunately most of those are doomed never to be happy.

After getting called out by name :D I guess I should add a few comments.

I'm a member of nearly 200 groups on FaceBook, the vast majority of which are car related in general and heavily favor Mopars. For more than ten years I have participated a lot here and on FABO and Garage Journal, and Moparts, the Viper Club of America, Motortopia and a few others to a lesser extent. Powder coating forums lost their appeal to me many moons ago -- I don't enjoy watching the blind lead the blind and frankly have little time to teach the world to sing if ya get my drift.

Billy and I met in a Car Chat called Ford vs. Chevy on AOL way back in 1999. He lived near New Orleans and I was in SoCal. Two of few Mopar fans amongst hundreds of nightly enthusiasts, we eventually started typing. I'd had my Barracuda eight years by then; being my first resto, his years of experience building cars was very helpful and we discovered we had a lot in common. Our first phone call in 2001 lasted five hours.

I quit my tenured law firm job in 2003 after my daughter turned 18 and was heading off to school. I rented a U-Haul car trailer, packed my crap and hit the road to Louisiana. I was sick of California, the only things keeping me there were irrelevant, and I figured it was a 50/50 shot whether Billy would work out. If he turned out to be a dick I could just jump in that big F350 and continue my trip somewhere else. My second day there we built the 340 I brought with me that's in my car. (See my story from yesterday in the Does Your Wife Help With Your Car? thread.)

It's been over 15 years since. We never married and never will by mutual agreement.

These days he spends most of his time working on personal car and bike projects, and my *** is in the shop keeping the bills paid. I haven't worked on my own car in a couple years (exhaust is still in a box from ... 2010 :wtf:) but I love what I do keeping all of you guys beautified. He lost interest in the business in 2009 -- rather build a whole car than just a couple random parts -- but sometimes blasts stuff if I ask or appear stressed. Tonight he even surprised me by cooking supper!!

Summing up, car chicks ARE out there and more are getting converted every day. Look at all the lady commentators, racers and builders now versus just a few short decades ago when the NHRA laughed at Shirley Muldowney. Vic Edelbrock's daughters run his company now. Ever see Kimmy? She's a knockout and the CEO of Aerospace Components. Courtney Hansen is a legend in her own right. All of them were single at one time and I believe more than one still is.

If you're a lush look in bars, if you're religious look at church, and if you're a car guy go to more events. But I believe when you stop actively looking for her, that's when she will find YOU. And she'll knock your socks off and suggest ya help her rebuild that POS 383 in her Charger next weekend.

Have faith grasshopper.:wetting:
thats one hell of a cool story! wow! and some great advice!:lowdown:

Just read an internet article (if you can believe it) that the prettiest girls are more likely to divorce (statistically speaking) than their "lesser attractive" friends.

I am reading a good book right now explaining the chemical processes that take place in the brain when falling in love, and how after few years (or less) these dreamy feelings of being in love fade away naturally (as the hormones and stuff diminish). This is an unavoidable process of the passage of time and human physiology.

In order to re-capture the euphoria of falling in love, one needs to find someone new. The other alternative is to accept the fact that when staying together, the intense feelings first shared will level off to more manageable (logical) level.

Last edited:
It's not necessarily about being into cars, it's about being into each other, the rest will fall into place, if it's right. My wife could care less about what we drive or own as long as it's clean and yes, has air condition. It's when you care about someone so much that you want to do what they want because it's fun to see them laugh and having fun. Giving of yourself for others. That's the person you want regardless of what you're into. I do things with Theresa, my wife, that aren't my favorite things to do, but, when she laughs it's fun to watch, for me anyway. I guess my thinking comes down to this, if you spend your time making her happy and she spends her time making you happy, you have found the right person....... If it came in a bottle everyone would have it....... Ulli

Just read an internet article (if you can believe it) that the prettiest girls are more likely to divorce (statistically speaking) than their "lesser attractive" friends.

I am reading a good book right now explaining the chemical processes that take place in the brain when falling in love, and how after few years (or less) these dreamy feelings of being in love fade away naturally (as the hormones and stuff diminish). This is an unavoidable process of the passage of time and human physiology.

In order to re-capture the euphoria of falling in love, one needs to find someone new. The other alternative is to accept the fact that when staying together, the intense feelings first shared will level off to more manageable (logical) level.

But yet we love old cars and keep rebuilding them in order to keep them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess if we work as hard on our relationships as we do our cars, life would almost be perfect.

Now I wonder if we sell off our "beloved" project cars like we trade in our girlfriends when the "newness" wears off?

It's not necessarily about being into cars, it's about being into each other, the rest will fall into place, if it's right. My wife could care less about what we drive or own as long as it's clean and yes, has air condition. It's when you care about someone so much that you want to do what they want because it's fun to see them laugh and having fun. Giving of yourself for others. That's the person you want regardless of what you're into. I do things with Theresa, my wife, that aren't my favorite things to do, but, when she laughs it's fun to watch, for me anyway. I guess my thinking comes down to this, if you spend your time making her happy and she spends her time making you happy, you have found the right person....... If it came in a bottle everyone would have it....... Ulli

there are times on this forum,
i wish i could hit the Thanks,Like and Agree all on the same post.
Cudachicks post was one,and yours is another.
Well Said.

also really liked Kerns story.
Congrats to all of you for finding what is important in life :)

Yes what car guy wouldn't like a woman also interested in cars and what better place to find a car chic other than a car forum.
If I was a female I sure wouldn't be lookin here, as I see way to many scankhoes and male sluts that are just condescending to women!
It's funny how cudachick disagreed with me earlier, but 5 dudes agree! Looks like I'm right!

Last edited:
Hey tak419, if you need another shot to the gut, check out the new Mopar The Magazine issue. Article entitled The Power Couple. Some guys have all the luck.........

If I was a female I sure wouldn't be lookin here, as I see way to many scankhoes and male sluts that are just condescending to women!
It's funny how cudachick disagreed with me earlier, but 5 dudes agree! Looks like I'm right!

I agreed because not everyone will meet that perfect people, that’s why 50 percent of the population is divorced. That doesn’t mean we stop trying. It’s a mind set and a dream that come together and yes, a whole lot of luck. My brother has been married three times in his life. He is 69 years old now and has lived with his girl friend for 23 years. He has finally learned that you can’t change a person or mould them into what you think is the perfect match for you.

Hitting the thanks button is not enough ...THANK YOU...for this nice though.

in my opinion , a lady that likes cars , Mopars specifically, can be a double edged sword, because when **** hits the fan, that beautiful car you've dumped all that cash into will be the very first thing she robs from you.

Id highly suggest the OP read and follow the very sound advise of member Hey-O! Agree 100%

It really is just dumb luck and chance.
Mary was not specifically a car person but she saw how much I enjoyed it and she joined in. One of the many things that endeared her to me was that she was just so NON judgmental and supportive of what I liked. THAT is a great thing to have in a woman. I could have been a Ford or Chevy guy and she would have been just as cool. She is funny, sarcastic and smart. I really lucked out with her.

View attachment 722303

Yea but Kern, if you were a Ford or Chevy guy you would not have been as cool! And you wouldn't get to hang with all of us and spend wayyyy too much on Mopars!
:thumbsup:

Watch out for the ones that wear a pink hat you can't fix that kind..

How horrible would it be to find that perfect woman, into all the same stuff and an avid classic car aficionado, expect....chevies?

Auto Transport Service
Back