• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Working on my latest . . . garage art project . . . for when I get my garage built . . .

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Saw something like this and wanted to have it for the shop, so I got it drawn out onto a sheet of steel, and then cut it out with the plasma cutter - which worked really great too !

sm_metalflag01.jpg

Next - get it into primer . . .

sm_metalflag02.jpg

Now for the painting . . . I'm working on the back side to get my alignment, my paint colors, and some of my techniques figured out . . .

So don't "fret" if it's backwards . . . it'll hang on the other side once I get all my detail figured out . . . and painted . . .

sm_metalflag03.jpg

Got one minor mistake on the stripes on the left side . . . that I'll have to fix on the front . . . and figure out if I like the blue and red tones . . .

The blue "might" need to go a touch darker . . .

The red is looking pretty good to me . . . so far . . .

sm_metalflag04.jpg

That's "kinda" what the end result will be . . . but I've got more ideas that are not incorporated into this test painting . . .

But . . . for the most part . . . I'm liking the results . . .

Slowly making progress on this painting . . . found some better candy paints, and I really like the look much better now . . .

sm_metalflag05.jpg

Finally got this one completed . . . really happy with how it turned out . . .

Might need to make another one . . .

sm_metalflag06.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back