• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Working thumbwheel radio nice chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssba

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello guys, First post here but don't let that scare ya. I jumped the fence from over at fabo to get a radio in someone's Mopar.
This radio has been on my shelf for at least 20 years. I believe it to be
removed from a charger as that is what I had the most of back then.
I bench tested it and a few local stations came in without fiddleing
with it any amount of time.
The selector buttons all function as well as the wheels.
Chrome has survived very well being stored indoors, would look great
installed. Check the pictures and be your own judge.
Wire leads has some tape on them from a old splice but the dash speaker and power plug are there. Didn't peel the tape just tested it.
I would like to get 65.00 + shipping.
If I am mistaken on the application feel free to chime in. All comments
and questions welcome. Thanks for any interest.

Attachments

• IMG_20140827_155240_757.jpg
    IMG_20140827_155240_757.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20140827_155532_121.jpg
    IMG_20140827_155532_121.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20140827_155455_261.jpg
    IMG_20140827_155455_261.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 234
Welcome, glws.

You say "removed from a charger as that is what I had the most of back then." So, what do you have most of right now? :)

I have always been a big fan of the barracuda since I first layed eyes on one.
A 440 E-body Cuda, purple of course. Well it wasnt a easy enough car for a young guy like myself to buy.
So I started out with 69 dart Swinger and worked my way through many A and B-bodys till I finally got my hands on my purple Cuda. Put a 440 and 4-speed in it. Loved that car but the a body always seemed to feel just right to me.
So I settled in with the 68 fastback as my favorite Mopar.
It took me many years and trying all kinds of mopars to get to this point. I do still like them all but can't have them all.
I went through a charger spell for a few years and had a 69 and a 70 rt. Great cars.
I always have had to be in the fixer up price range and that has never changed.
And I think the cars I settled in with are my most challenging Mopar projects but
the ones that I enjoy the most.
I have always been a BB 4-speed kind of guy so that's what is going on with my 2 current
fastback Barracudas and 69 dart.
I prefer the 60s and 70s type builds and enjoy the hunt for the vintage speed stuff from
the old days.
Now that I am older you would think I would buy nicer cars but I don't. Just nicer engines and drivetrains.
I finally sold my purple Cuda a couple years ago to help finance a Hemi for one of my 68s
I'll see if I can dig up a few pictures for you of some of my fun.
Wouldn't mind seeing a few B-bodies, it has been awhile.

IMG_20140822_023008_333-1.jpg

Here's a picture of the Hemi I have been working on getting into a 68 fastback. 70s vintage.

Have a couple nibbles. Anyone want this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back