• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst car/ truck you ever owned

You should go ahead and check out the traverse forum and a heads up don’t replace the timing chain either get a new engine or get rid of it.
Best of luck!

2005 Ford F-150 5.4 The truck that made me swear I'd never touch another Ford product again. At 76,000 miles the Trans blew $3,000 rebuild that took 2 weeks to install in my driveway. Cracked exhaust manifold twice that couldn't be changed with the motor in the truck. Ticked like crazy from day 1 and people actually used to ask how I got the diesel option in a 150. At 80,000 cam phasers went to full retard and wouldn't run at all. Got feed up Put 15w-40 in the thing and traded it in on an 05 Hemi Ram. I'd hate to be the guy that bought that truck at auction!!!

ab95279bb68f54293a025da0545f3d1578bd7fac.jpg
1st the ecm went out then it jumped time, the catalytic converter was next after that cam bearings then it went to the crusher.

Not mine (it was my GF's, Vicky)
but I had to work on that POS Saki sippen' rice rocket
a 75-76-ish (?) Honda Civic CVCC,
piss yellow bumble bee POS with a rainbow decal on the back
that thing ate clutches (no doubt her fault)
& she blew it up 2 times (also her fault, didn't check oil etc.)

thank god I got parts cheap, for that turd

I couldn't wait to get rid of it, it was her 1st car,
she loved that POS turd
even her own dad, tried to get here to get rid of it, along with me

but she left shortly after it did too,
doubly good move

I was free :lol:

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora too. 4.0 North Star. Orange Dextron coolant of death. WTF. Everything went wrong. Biggest scavenger hunt was the shutting off for no reason at a red light. After a few thousand parts thrown at it, it was the crank position sensor. A grunt at a Chevron Station finally came up with this saying it was the most out of stock part on the shelf. Moved tons of them. Smart guys couldn’t figure it out.
lol - had the same problem with my Aurora friggin crank position sensor and 400 bucks for a fuel pump...then...well you know...loved that sleek body style; but like attractive women who know they are = high maintenance...

1990 Honda Prelude with 190,000 miles when I bought it. Needed for college. Prayed a lot in that car.

1999 Ford F-350 4x4 diesel. That thing ate transmissions like it was nobody's business.

1980 buick X car, total junk, GM seems to have had a banner year in 1980. Dave

1h860m.jpg

My first car. A 1976 Opel Kadett. 4-banger, 1 liter, 50hp

1980 buick X car, total junk, GM seems to have had a banner year in 1980. Dave

Agreed!! Not my car, but my fathers car. 1980 Pontiac Phoenix. 2.5L I-4 Carburated tractor motor, I think rated at 58 HP (looked it up, GM claims 85 HP?) dosent really matter, the load from the A/C and P/S turning a corner would stall the engine. Top Speed maybe 80 off a cliff.

I got a 78 ram charger once when I was in a very bad way in my life. I did not need it but bought it any way. It sat for a while then when I decided to use it I spent a few days putting it on the road and making it drivable. It broke down EVERY day. To the point it had to be fixed to drive it home. It lasted about a month give or take then spun a rod bearing going to a friends house. I drove it home about 10 miles knocking then the last 100 yards I tried to blow it up but it would not kick a rod. it just slowly died. I took the new tires off and junked it.

Auto Transport Service
Back