• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth it? 1970 Coronet 500. $12,500

SteveSS

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I'm supposed to see it tomorrow morning.
https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/serafina-1970-dodge-coronet-500/7427791300.html
coronet.jpg

Looks like one of them "Now or never?" Assuming frame rails are decent? (Which nothing seen would indicate not?) Me? I would feel better for just under $10k price? But certainly seen worse for more? Of course post what you find?

Last edited:
Not to me. But everything seems way overpriced in the last year.

I’d do it. Bring cash, offer $10k and see what he does. Be prepared to pay full price (which is unlikely).
Can’t see the rails or pans or trunk. Drivers fender/door is tweeked. Other than that, all else looks positive to me:

Original 383 car
727 w/ 8 3/4” rear
Bucket seats
It’s not green...Yellow exterior
The interior is not green
Appears complete
Fantastic, muscle car model

For grins, I’d get it home, pound out the fender/door best you can, do the safety items (brakes, fuel line rubber, tires, etc), change the fluids, drop in a new gas tank...and fire that sucker.

Buff it out.

Drive it while you collect parts for the resto. Everyone will be jealous, “there goes the guy driving his cool ‘70 Dodge again...”

Buy it.

I missed out on a '70 Coronet 500 vert with a 383 at carlisle last year.

to me it looks like being DY3 cream not yellow.

Looks like a solid car. But it seems to be in the need for a lot of investments to make it decent again.

What would be your final goal?
A beater driver? Just doing mechanics?
It might work out

But a full resto to make it nice&shiny again:
I wouldn't do a full resto. Keep in mind it is "just" a Coronet 500 not a Super Bee or Coronet R/T.

Carsten

to me it looks like being DY3 cream not yellow.

Looks like a solid car. But it seems to be in the need for a lot of investments to make it decent again.

What would be your final goal?
A beater driver? Just doing mechanics?
It might work out

But a full resto to make it nice&shiny again:
I wouldn't do a full resto. Keep in mind it is "just" a Coronet 500 not a Super Bee or Coronet R/T.

Carsten
Just because it's not one of those models you mentioned doesn't make it worthy of a resto is wrong. That car can be made into anything you want to ( of course don't pass it off as an RT, or superbee). It's a blank canvas. Don't have to worry about the purists picking it apart.

Last edited:
If it’s as dry as it looks, don’t pass on it, as mentioned above, get it running and safe, nice color coded steelies with poverty caps (or the rally’s with centers) and a nice dual exhaust with a couple DynaMax’s and you got a beauty to start with
Awesome designed car
Good luck

That dry desert heat sure keeps them from rotting away but it's hell on the interiors and anything rubber.

Heck yeah, money in the bank if it all checks out.

It will be sold tonight now that you posted the ad. Better buy it now.

it’s a coronet 500 so pass on the body color Steelies

it's a 2500 dollar car...... assuming you need parts for an R/T or a Bee....... the world has gone nuts

if that thing is worth 10K, you can come get my solid GTX project for 35K and we'd both be happy

and here's a prediction.........

every one of these over priced, clapped out, rusty 10-20K dollar Charger projects will end up back on the market for much less; once the reality sets in on the "dreamers"

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back