• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you do it again .....Marriage

My first marriage lasted about 6 years. Don't know why I've been thinking 5 for so many years. The divorce was final in Feb 86. Anyways, we were night an day different. I never was all that outgoing imo but she was totally fine with just sitting all day with a romance novel or watching a suck opera on TV. Was she romantic? Not on your life but we did ok until our baby came and she turned into Godzilla and got worse during the next year. Over protective of the child and guarded her from me even. Postpartum depression? How many heard of that 40 years ago? It was barely talked about back then. Cars? Ya better not even go fast or even act like you're going to do that and a car was nothing more than getting from point A to point B to her. If she washed her car, she didn't clean the wheels or tires because they are "on the ground" lol. I could live with all that except for not being able to be a dad to my child.

to marry or not to marry

I come from a large family, 5 Sisters 3 blood/2 adopted & 2 step Brothers... My parents were divorced when I was 18 months old, my mother remarried a total car guy Bob my step father, when I was 5 or 6 y/o they were together until my Mom died a few years ago now, from MS complications, now Bob goes from one Fat a-- fugly trollop Loser gold digger to Biker trollop loser bit-h, I guess he's just lonely now, can't cope with out a woman around to scream & yell at him.... Almost everyone I know & almost everyone in my family, except me, my kids & an older Aunt & Uncle, one brother & my nephew have all been divorced, some several times & then remarried {some are freaken' idiots too}... I don't need or want that crap ever, too much damn baggage, to much wasted Lawyer fees & spousal support, to many freaken' issues....

I've been happily single & have remained unmarried for all my 53 years, I've had a few live in girlfriends, what a freaken' hassle !!, way too much drama !! & woman are way too damn expensive & moody to live with !!...LOL... I'm surrounded by estrogen anyway already...LOL... But on a much better note, I do have 4 children, I love dearly, the oldest 1 lifer Navy boy James & 3 great girls, twins Rachel & Rebecca, all girls now married to car guys "all of them, funny how that happened"...LOL... Only one kid is actually my blood, Jessica she is the youngest, their mother Lisa {a gorgous 5'7" brown haired green eyed 115# angle}, she died of kidney & liver failure, shortly after Jessica was born... I have raised & I adopted all the other 3 children, they were all very young at the time {I consider them all mine}, she was married twice, before she met & moved in with me, to some abusive a--holes, I loved having her & the kids around & they loved to travel with me all over the USA racing, kind of a built in Pit Crew...LOL... Lisa she didn't want to get married either, we had a great relationship with out it, we agreed "why ruin a good thing with a worthless piece of paper", we were legally by Calif. Law {Lee Marvin law} married any way, after living with each other for over 7 years anyway, all the kids have had my last name for 25+ years now, all are very well educated, all have their degrees & have great jobs/families & all from a "single fathers" upbringing & morals, it wasn't easy either... My Pops is a 3 time loser, his dollar is worth maybe $0.25 cents now...LOL..., my oldest sister is a 3 time loser {shes a moron magnet}, another sister is a 2 time loser {she likes young guys}, I could go on & on...

I do like chasing the shorties/skirts every once in a while, but at 53 y/o, I don't really need a woman to make my life whole, I do like having them around, but it's nice to send them home after a while too...LOL... It works for me !!... I have enough issues/drama with my elderly old alky Pops, to add any more crap &/or issues to that right now.... I can't complain I've had a pretty damn good life & I'm not now or ever been married, nor do I have any regrets... P.S. Get a good dog {Lab or Retriever}, they're loyal for life & love you unconditionally, if you have to have a companion to keep you company... Never trust anything that bleeds for 7 days a month & doesn't die...LOL... sorry guys/gals, I had to do that
Refreshed from 10 years ago now

For me, oh hell yes, 37 years now.
We grew together, raised great kids together, and still laugh together.

Nice to hear.. My wife and I are the same way. Been together over 31 years, 2 kids and she is still as beautiful as the day we met..

Nice to hear.. My wife and I are the same way. Been together over 31 years, 2 kids and she is still as beautiful as the day we met..

We're up to 36 years this June & I feel the same way as you two.

"Again".. hell we're 44 years in now, married for 40+ of them. She's got too much training invested in me to start over again!!!!!
throwbackthursdays 018.JPG

I say it like this,I am happily married because my wife says I am happily married! Lol

Formaldehyde is the perfect way to keep the wife the same as your wedding day.

My friends wedding song was I used to love her,but I had to kill her,by Guns and Roses!

the other day there was a posting that asked if you would go back to your youthful days if you could ..and it made me think of other things that people may want to do or redo or not do....so seeing as the divorce rate in America is slightly over 50 percent I was wondering this miserable wintry day if you would do it again...now I know many of us have children so I want you to take that out of the mix..( I would marry anybody/thing to keep my daughter mine ) if your wife sometime peeks over your shoulder while on the computer or visits the site please don't comment ..I don't want to start anything .. just a bored guy on a wintry day wondering .....:thinker:
I would imagine I'm one of the (lucky?)
few. Married at 20, now 67. 47 years
and I still take her cruisn' main, sitting
right next to me. Sometimes we'll
stop at Sonic for a Coke. Our cruising
times now are restricted to warm
summer nights, open top Jeep.
The vehicle venue is fixin' to change
though, once I get my '41 Plymouth
hotrod pickup on the road.

ed lisa sasha christmas 2019.jpg
Yup.
Both truly were meant to be inserted into my life and I am blessed to have them.
(Wife Lisa, Head of Security Sasha).

Absolutely, this summer we’ll have our 43rd anniversary. I can’t imagine life without her…

Auto Transport Service
Back