• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you do it again .....Marriage

39 years. Married her when I was 21 and she likes cars and puts up with me still dragging them home so yes!

Jens-Duster.jpg

Married in 1988. If my wife and I were transported back in time… we would do it again. We both made each other a better person then when we were young. Raising the kids have been great. All homeschooled from the start. Now all on there own. The Charger I drove when I met her in 1986, I still have.

Last edited:
If you do it right, you only get married once and it is the best life decision you ever made. Going to be 35 years this year.
the other day there was a posting that asked if you would go back to your youthful days if you could ..and it made me think of other things that people may want to do or redo or not do....so seeing as the divorce rate in America is slightly over 50 percent I was wondering this miserable wintry day if you would do it again...now I know many of us have children so I want you to take that out of the mix..( I would marry anybody/thing to keep my daughter mine ) if your wife sometime peeks over your shoulder while on the computer or visits the site please don't comment ..I don't want to start anything .. just a bored guy on a wintry day wondering .....:thinker:
Not unless they change the law a little bit. In my state basically it is no fault, so the minute you say I Do, she owns 1/2 of everything you own no matter what she does in the marriage. I was married twice, and it was a mess to get divorced, both women had mental issues. But my two children are the pride of my life, and sad to say neither have anything to do with their mother because of her behavior. I raised my daughter. In both divorces cars and drag racing were an issue, they claimed the money spent was wasted. Funny they never gave credit for the money made selling this and that. I told the woman I am living with I am a car guy and if you don't like the lifestyle move on down the road, we never married but she has been with me 30 years.

Yes I would but I have been very lucky ,two great sons we never fight hang out all the time together as friends .She is the first one to say do it if I want a car , snowmobile , trip with friends night out whatever and I am the same with her .We have been together for 31 years married for 26 of those years . Cannot imagine what it would be like without her .

My wife & I are going on 26 years & I can't imagine my life today without her. I'll tell you what; if something happened and I found myself single (and I hope that never happens), I think that I would absolutely dread the dating scene at this stage of my life. Nor do I think that getting remarried serves any purpose at this age either.
I have friends dating now just swipe and your in but from what they say the dates are all lunatics and that’s why they aren’t married ..

The dating scene would be tougher than we think ..
I'll never forget my dad's experience when my mom passed after 50 years of marriage. He moved into a retirement home at the age of 80. We couldn't finish a cup of coffee together without him getting hit on. I have a deposit down for the same place.

Last edited:
38 years of my sentence complete tomorrow, life to go, no time off for good behavior, no chance for parole! Lol

I'm not sure we have as much say? I believe we would do the same thing. We are assuming we carry same emotions today back with us. Nope. You get to deal with the emotions of the day. With a knowledge that you just have to stay clear of pitfalls.

I think most of us believe we could fix the past. And some errors we may be able. Some not.

After 52 years, I can honestly say F no. Got back from my tour in the military, ***** as hell, thought that purchase was better than rent. Big mistake.

44 years this May! When she puts our kids first, takes care of me first, thinks of me first and I do the same for her, it's perfect.
Congratulations to y'all on that.There was NONE of that in my marriage.....both of them actually. It wasn't so bad with my 2nd wife but still wasn't all that good so after 20 years of being married to her and retiring pretty close to our 20 years of hell, I just started doing what made me happy and that was mostly working in the shop and drinking. Even her friends came before me. Fine and dandy and hope she's happy now and maybe she even has a mama's boy for her to have control over because that's pretty much how she liked her men to be like. She left in June of 17 and the divorce was final June 1 of 18 when she turned 65. Well, her birthday was May 28the. She didn't want to lose her health insurance before turning 65. Control freak to the bitter end. Been looking around some but so far haven't found anyone that even comes close to what I'm looking for. I'm guessing all the good ones are taken or they are dead....?

I’d do it again with my second wife.
My first wife?

5FA1C73F-9415-4E83-BE30-EB3FA0E30372.gif

As the old saying goes..
A wife will cook ya supper..
A GOOD wife will bolt on a big block chevy intake for ya!!
20230222_150759_resized.jpg

Uhhh… a good wife knows that a Chevy intake won’t fit on the 440.

7C841FC6-5AD6-40A4-9D34-B416FF593ED5.jpeg

The first time around was an unmitigated disaster before even walking down the isle and every minute thereafter. I stayed single for almost 20 years following. Had a lot of girlfriends - some long term ones. But anytime they started pushing that button I went out for groceries never to return.

Second time around - The gift of a lifetime. I would marry her again 100 times over. There’s nothing on this earth more precious to me. I have to say I paid my dues and they were a bitch - but to have what I have now it was worth every aggravation. I only wish it was her much earlier

To the same women, Hell yeah, We plan to celebrate our 30th annniv this Oct in Hawaii

BUT if something happens to go wrong with this one. ( Extremely not likely )
Nope, I'll rent one once in a while

Auto Transport Service
Back