• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOULD YOU?

I don`t really get the point of girls sitting on hoods, wings or other parts of the car for the "photographic value" or whatever the reason, they look just as good standing next to it and not scratching or denting it. Yes, back in the day when they were "just cars" I would sit on my fender but it wasn`t a recently restored expensive paint job.

Yes, back in the day when they were "just cars" I would sit on my fender but it wasn`t a recently restored expensive paint job.
My Superbird is still "just a car".. now if you try and lay between the hood scoops on my Super Bee with your back against the windshield, like we use to do every Friday night at the Drivein, I'll punch your lights out! ! LOL

Wings are also a great vantage point to watch a race from...
talladegaorbust2019 1548.JPG

Mine is "just a car" still as well, driver quality paint from '95 so the kid can sit on it too.

20220901_174418.jpg

I have been painting a few of my Chargers with satin hot rod primer,instead of doing fancy paint jobs. They are drivers that I want to be able to lean or sit on and rest my beer on the fender. Painted cars are overrated !

20171102_074610.jpg

20171102_074632.jpg

Strangers feeling free to lean on/climb in/rest against anothers' car is reflective of society in general.
That lack of respect for other peoples' property is an insult to another, whether intentional or not.

It doesn't happen a lot at the local shows here (Fred is a known "regular" with locals, I guess),
but when it does I always walk up to whoever has camped on him and say something like:
"Cool Mopar! Is it yours?" with a big grin on my face.
Dude sizes me up for a moment...
Then he says something like "naw, man..."
My expression instantly changes to maximum stink eye and I lock eyes with him:
"That's right, it's not" in my best Eastwood impersonation.

Works every time. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back