• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW, Mr. Major Who Ran The Mopar Survivor Displays Passed Away.....

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
I heard about this today thanks to a good friend that he sadly passed away on the 17th of this month. It's VERY sad news to hear about this, as I got the privilege of meeting him and Mark (or @Richard Cranium) this year in Carlisle at the survivor tent and having our 1970 Fury III in the display.

Rest In Peace Mr. Major, you will most definitely be missed.

Here is the obituary.......
Mel Major Obituary (2022)

Sad news. I've had my Cordoba in his tent a few times. R.I.P. Mel, thank you for your devotion to the Mopar hobby.

I got the privilege of meeting him and Mark (or @Richard Cranium) this year in Carlisle at the survivor tent and having our 1970 Fury III in the display.
The pleasure of meeting me was all yours. :lol:

But seriously.....

When I applied for the survivor tent this year, Mel & I had a few emails going back and forth about my 66 Belvedere II, which had spent its life in Chicago until I bought it. Mel was particularly interested in it because that's where he grew up. Rounding up cars for the survivor tent was his passion. I've had three cars in the tent over the years and Mel & I talked about bringing another car in next year. I wonder if his son will carry the torch?

RIP Mel.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back