• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB MK662 Raybestos Master cylinder kit

Are all the MC kits discontinued now? Sucks if that is the case!
Someone contacted me not long ago searching for one, since I used to be an engineer at the company that makes Raybestos.
My advice was why not buy a MC36283 master cylinder and pirate the piston assemblies out of it to use to rebuild your original MC? Those MCs aren’t all that expensive. I’m passing that hint along hope it helps.

Thanks for the tip. I've looked everywhere and thought I found a kit when vivid racing showed some in stock but my order was canceled the following day. Figured I'd look here before exploring other means.

Interesting how they dried up. Do you have your pistons out of the MC and are they in good condition? If so you might find the 1 1/8" seals and shims in a kit. If you need pistons because of damage, then you will need the kit.

Interesting how they dried up. Do you have your pistons out of the MC and are they in good condition? If so you might find the 1 1/8" seals and shims in a kit. If you need pistons because of damage, then you will need the kit.
I haven't disassembled it yet until I find a kit.

2 or 3 years ago I heard through the grapevine that the Raybestos MK551 kit wasn't available anymore. That kit has 1" seals that are correct for rebuilding the rare 1970 only 2229171 casting disc brake MC for E bodies. I managed to find 2 kits online to stockpile for the day either of my disc brake 70 Challengers MCs need rebuilding. I'd say that indicates they have been phasing out these kits for a few years.
This MC is Raybestos version of the 2225621 casting MC and the pistons in it are the same ones they until recently supplied in the kits.
Amazon product ASIN B000C75NZ8Going forward this is going to make it much trickier to rebuild original master cylinders for restorations. I haven't talked to Brake and Equipment Warehouse in MN, who've I have used over the years to sleeve and rebuild brake parts for me, I wonder that they and White Post are doing to get components for their work?

The seal kits for the 66-69 Bendix 4 piston B body calipers are gone too.......

Local parts store WSSL Automotive.
Raysbestos WK 518. Took about 3 weeks to get them.
WK518 fits the A bodies and Mustang.. Supposedly not B Bodies.... If you put it on a B Body & it fit I want to know about it. cause I need a couple seal kits

I've seen some a body 4 piston calipers , and they sure look like b body's.
That's as far as I've investigated

As title says, looking for a MK662 kit for a MC with 1 1/8" bore....thanks.
Lots of good information in this thread but you should have started a parts wanted thread. (in the right forum)

Auto Transport Service
Back