• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yeas-I know it is B body only but~~~

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
this is the '70 Hemi cuda I raced, I had traded a '68 corvette logghe chassis funny car for this as a roller. the engine was in the willys I crashed I took out theRR296 Crane and put in an experimental cam Crane wanted to try -it was a dog, best the car would run was 10.68 at 128,129 mph,embarrassing .

hemi cuda.jpg

this is the '70 Hemi cuda I raced, I had traded a '68 corvette logghe chassis funny car for this as a roller. the engine was in the willys I crashed I took out theRR296 Crane and put in an experimental cam Crane wanted to try -it was a dog, best the car would run was 10.68 at 128,129 mph,embarrassing .no clue why the picture is upside down

View attachment 566870

I mean it ISN'T A B BODY,sheesh, old age -not what it's cracked up to be ,they say these are the golden years-I say it's rust.

Old age, I hear ya ! What my mind thinks and what my fingers type seldom come out the same ! Gotta love the old photos !

Old age, I hear ya ! What my mind thinks and what my fingers type seldom come out the same ! Gotta love the old photos !
most f the photo's I have left are from drag racing that I took from 59- 62 or so, they were converted from slides. the rest of my 3-400 photos were taken in a burglary of my home in 1969 -thy weren't after photo's I m sure but they just grabbed boxes from the garage. I can post occasional dragster photo's if anyone likes. including my first drag car and dragster.

What ever became of this car, is it a original Hemi Cuda? I have a original 70 Hemi Cuda. It is a FK5 4-speed car.

What ever became of this car, is it a original Hemi Cuda? I have a original 70 Hemi Cuda. It is a FK5 4-speed car.
yes it was a factory hemi autotrans car . beings my only goal was to race it I stripped all the weight off I could removed the floor pans ,made a 2 x 3 frame rail chassis ladder bars/coil overs etc. with a 10 point cage, I even got the side protection metal out of the doors-good for 60 lbs saving. then I removed the perfect rally dash with the 150 speedometer so I could put the cross bar for the roll cage closer to the windshield area and use that to mount a dash for the gauges-.I kept the dash in the garage a few weeks, it took up space- no one wanted it so it went to the dump,sorry. I must have sold the car or traded it for something I don't remember any more- thats odd. I liked the car and now I have no clue why I got rid of it. come to think of it I have no clue what I did yesterday~remember guys- in those days they were800 to 1500 dollar cars.and we thought they would be building them forever.

yes it was a factory hemi autotrans car . beings my only goal was to race it I stripped all the weight off I could removed the floor pans ,made a 2 x 3 frame rail chassis ladder bars/coil overs etc. with a 10 point cage, I even got the side protection metal out of the doors-good for 60 lbs saving. then I removed the perfect rally dash with the 150 speedometer so I could put the cross bar for the roll cage closer to the windshield area and use that to mount a dash for the gauges-.I kept the dash in the garage a few weeks, it took up space- no one wanted it so it went to the dump,sorry. I must have sold the car or traded it for something I don't remember any more- thats odd. I liked the car and now I have no clue why I got rid of it. come to think of it I have no clue what I did yesterday~remember guys- in those days they were800 to 1500 dollar cars.and we thought they would be building them forever.
Been there done that!! I also parted cars during the 70's and many E cars got scraped....:(

After getting over all the dizziness! I never liked Crane cams!

I know a jerk in Sacramento who personally killed at least 35 Hemi cars, B and E body cars. he worked for a auto shop that did tuneups-oil changes etc. every time a Hemi car came in he'd note the address- make a key from the original -a few days later he'd find and take the car- by morning the engine/trans/dana was in his garage -the body cut up and dumped in a slew never to be seen again,he resold the engines. he bragged of one time he followed a guy to work who parked his Challenger at the loading dock, he'd come out to check it every so often, he timed the guy- and as soon as the guy stepped back into the warehouse he had the car and was gone. hated him for that.

Man....I knew the big block and Hemi cars were sacred and didn't scrap them but tried to find someone that wanted to buy. Thieves.....I hate them!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back