• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes, another; Looking for a chrome plater thread

I can't pay 5K to have the bumpers chromed, but if you could give me the contact info I could call and see if they have a really but cheaper option. Thanks

Next time I see the C300 owner I'll ask...

I can't pay 5K to have the bumpers chromed, but if you could give me the contact info I could call and see if they have a really but cheaper option. Thanks

Quality plating used a Keystone pricing guide for mine. I paid about $800.00 for mine with a lifetime warranty. I thought it was reasonable in comparison to other places.

$1400 CDN to have mine done by the best plater in Canada (used by the Guild and most other high end shops)... included some straightening and some welding.
beerestoration2018 2129.JPG

I think the drive to Sterling might save enough in shipping to cover 1/3 of the cost to get rechromed.

Yea, no kiddin'.

I have went overboard on every item on my cars. I am sure everything I have had coated, painted, polished, etc looks better than the factory did.

I'm trying to keep mine looking pretty much factory, but to steal someone else's description, "build it like if everyone at the factory cared" that description also goes for the suppliers. So the chrome on the bumpers will end up looking better than the factory pieces.

When we did the undercoating in the wheel wells I told my buddy that a person would have been fired on the assembly line for doing it the way we did. Yes Boss I got 3 cars done today :lol:

Yea, it sounds like I'm probably doing mine about the same as you. The paint is like glass, obviously the factory couldn't do that. They wouldn't roll to many cars out if they sanded and buffed every car to look like glass, but it would make it easier for the undercoaters to do a good job and meet their 3 car per day quota. :thumbsup:

Tri-City did my Power Wagon bumpers just over a year ago. They came out excellent!

IMG_0146.jpg

When you do get them done.. don't forget to Tremclad / Rustolem the back side with silver/aluminum paint to seal it. Helps keep moisture from working it's way through and rusting under the chrome.
beerestoration2018 2164.JPG

I will and thanks for the reminder.

Dad`s Bee, you didn’t say who you used?
If you have a lifetime warranty, is it only for a original owner. I drive my car ( when it will be done).General question.

The Plating House of Canada ! Who said anything about a lifetime warranty???.. and are you suggesting I don't drive my car??

The Plating House of Canada ! Who said anything about a lifetime warranty???.. and are you suggesting I don't drive my car??

Thank you for the morning cruise!
Would ya mind pulling over? Too much coffee this morning .......

Hey, I had to add some realism. :bananaweed:

Dadsbee. My question to you was, who did your plating? Warranty question was for Ski61701. I meant that I do drive my car, but it is still in the body shop. Might have it finished sometime this summer. That was just a statement about myself.

Dadsbee. My question to you was, who did your plating? Warranty question was for Ski61701. I meant that I do drive my car, but it is still in the body shop. Might have it finished sometime this summer. That was just a statement about myself.

440 4spd, I paid extra for the lifetime warranty... You may want to ring them and inquire if they still offer it, and if it's transferable, that question I did not ask when I paid for them. I know I am very pleased with the work...one of the very few things that were done right by outside vendors. I as I am sure many of you have paid good money to have something done only to find out the workmanship sucked, and you had to redo the work. For me Quality plating did me right.

Auto Transport Service
Back