• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes, that' nice......but what the hell is it ?

Cool deal

Here it is in action. If any you of you guys have contemplated installing the engine, bottom up, this set up can't be beat. The motorcylce jack is very manuverable and raises up to meet the frame rails.

Good idea... I've used a modified mount on a hydraulic transmission floor jack...

any way you can provide some design specs on that cradle? would that fit a 440? was thinking of putting my engine in the same way but couldn't find an engine cradle low enough to sneak under the front radiator frame, all of them would require the k member to not be on and the car to be lifted so high the rear would touch and after her new paint that's a big no no.

Hat tip to daredevil for the motorcycle reference.

The aforementioned engine cradle sits on this:

BEST trans jack I ever used:icon_syda:

Attachments

• IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 302
As per the requests for the specs, here's an overview. Bear in mind, if you source a different motorcycle lift, the design may need to be altered.

The cradle is made out of 2" x 1/4" angle. The uprights are designed to sit on the oil pan rails and it's imperative to avoid the bolts so that is sits level. I know the pictures are rather dark, but the easiest way to figure out where the uprights go, is to invert your oil pan and go from there. I mocked this up using an oil pan from a 440 and one from a 340 so it will work on big blocks and small blocks alike.

The angled piece in the front is an adjustable support for the front of the k frame. I know alot of guys like to hang the lca's and such first, but I've found it just adds more weight and makes the installation that much more difficult.

The rig just sits on top of the lift and with the weight of the motor/trans combo, there's no real need to bolt it down unless you're ultra paranoid.

Attachments

• P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010020.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 230
  • P1010021.jpg
    P1010021.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 240
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 229
  • P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 222
  • P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 236
Thanks and I think I'm going to pay them a visit when I return. Leaving today should be back in the lower 48 by Saturday local Washington time. Finally coming Home.

Here it is in action. If any you of you guys have contemplated installing the engine, bottom up, this set up can't be beat. The motorcylce jack is very manuverable and raises up to meet the frame rails.

I probably shouldn't say any thing but its bugging me :eusa_think:.If you went threw all the trouble to make the motor pretty and all painted up.Y didn't you buy a can of black for the x member just wondering..and buy the way that's a good idea on the motor bracket.IM back quite now...........Artie

I probably shouldn't say any thing but its bugging me :eusa_think:.If you went threw all the trouble to make the motor pretty and all painted up.Y didn't you buy a can of black for the x member just wondering..and buy the way that's a good idea on the motor bracket.IM back quite now...........Artie

Hahaha........let's un-bug you Artie :grin:

I put that motor together because I was tired of pushing the car everytime I needed to move it. I was gearing up for a complete teardown on another 'vert and this one was being banned to the outdoors. Rather than having to load it up on a trailer and haul it around back, I just put a motor in it, albeit, temporarily (like the next year or so).

Hell, there's even the obligatory boat gas tank on the passenger side floor.

Auto Transport Service
Back