• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another fuel gauge thread...but different

I just got an alert that someone "Thanked" my original post so I need to update. For the first several fill ups the gauge read very accurately but it's degraded over time. The gauge now reads consistently low throughout the range. Better than the other way; I haven't run out of gas yet (just can't afford it anymore).

I hear ya.. Hated having to carry a flashlight to look down the filler neck to see if there was enough gas to get home..
Sucks that one has to lower or remove the tank to R&R the send unit.. That was gonna be my next question.

The answer could be neither. Could be the calibration. My gauge even after a professional rebuild isn't accurate. It's a little unnerving but when the gauge reads E there's still 2-3 gallons left. I go by the odometer reading.

Thats what Id been doing, I allow me 8 mph, depending on how often I get next to a Camaro or Moostang..lol

Auto Transport Service
Back