• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet more questions for you guys...

BuiltPoly318

Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Now that I have the engine installed and it's running, I figured I would come back to you guys with more questions. You've all been great with your suggestions and thoughts and have not let me down, so why not come back to the experts?

Now I have my 489 Sure Grip to install. My diff is 65 and currently has a 741 with the 7260 U-Joint. I know I'll need to install a crossover u-joint, but since I don't know what else I will need, can you point me in the right direction?

What axle bearings and who has them? What gaskets, seals, etc., will I need? Who has the U-Joint that I'll need, and if you have any part numbers that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Sweeet! I had seen that article elsewhere, but the link you gave is WAY more organized and detailed. Thanks a lot!

One other question... someone once said "get the green bearings"... is that the RP400 bearing that this article says fail quickly for street applications?

If your original wheel bearings are still good I would just reuse them. They should be re-greased.

Auto Transport Service
Back