• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can never have too many Mopar’s, especially B Bodies!

love the blue charger r/t with white top; and the pinkish charger. I have family in the Mesa/Phoenix area

Welcome from West Virginia! The answer to your question is NO, you can't have to many Mopars but if you feel you do then you can give me a couple....Just trying to help a brother out ya know

Never have too many until you run out of room. 3 B's, 1 E and no A's for me here. Sounds like my old grades.....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
I’m lucky my father was a Mopar guy through and through and he was one of the smart/lucky ones and was able to keep a select few of the Mopars he has bought throughout his life and they have since been passed on to me and I will hopefully be able to pass them down to my daughter when the time is right.
I bought my first car (67 Fury VIP 383HP) when I was 13 and working at the local hobby shop. It was $300, I with my father’s help cleaned it up and sold it not long after to a friend and bought a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500. That car was our father son high school project car that was finished senior year. Drove it one time to high school and then never again!
I drove that car for two years finished took it to the monster Mopar weekend in St. Louis and sold it. Went to the Mopar nationals and bought a 68 charger RT 4 speed with the money. That is what led to me trading the charger for the 1970 Challenger at a car dealership when I was 19 years old.
My father bought the 69 charger right out of Vietnam, it was six months old. The GTX we bought in 1983, the barracuda convertible was bought in 1985. None of them are what most would consider show vehicles but they are very presentable drivers that eventually I would love to properly restore. But for now they are too much fun to just get in and drive! I am currently rebuilding the HP 440 in the GTX and going through the hemi for speed.
Sorry this response got so long-winded!
And the rest is history!

E362AC7C-3981-4089-896D-ACAE970ADD3A.jpeg
I paid $3250 for the FM three panther pink and white 1970 charger 500 In 1998. It’s a numbers matching 383/727 console car with AC.

4530D712-F30A-4E49-BB84-64BAF3EB03BF.jpeg
BCA69950-098A-4804-A241-A00C5695EC9F.jpeg
DB5D439E-7630-4CC0-AC96-3CAA282D62E9.jpeg
The Challenger was an original 383HP for speed that was run in superstock automatic class from 1971 until 1978 and then bracket raced until 1987 when it was restored back to Street trim. Still has the Dana 60 and really pretty awful wheel tubs in the back.
It has a 1970 HP 440 and a 727.
I rebuilt the motor transmission and went to the rear end in 1996 and then Street raced the car for the next 10 years. It’s a great car that in Street trim has always run 11.60’s in the quarter mile.
And as most people around Illinois found out it was a beast off the line that most could not catch by the end of the quarter mile On the street.
And the car hasn’t changed since.

Hope there are other car guys in the neighborhood. Try not to frighten them when you light up the Challenger. Don’t do it at night or set car alarms off...

Welcome to the site and welcome to AZ!! Very nice collection of cars, they all look complete and drivable too!!!!

Hope to see you at the local H.E.M.I. show March 9th...
https://www.moparsaz.com

Welcome from the show me state. Wow!! I wish I had the problem you have, which one to drive!!

You have some great cars for sure! I really dig the new wagon, I haven't seen one of those in years. Is it a big or small block? What are the build plans?

My daily commuter is a Dart Sport.
Rescued it 20 years ago.
I would think that car is the most practical one to actually use of all them.
Since you just got it what are the plans?
Slant or 318 and does it have a fold down seat?
Assuming disk on front.
And the brown is a good color as it doesn't show dirt.
I put junk yard pulled anti-sway bars on my A bodies.
Handles great with small blocks.

Welcome.jpg

Hope there are other car guys in the neighborhood. Try not to frighten them when you light up the Challenger. Don’t do it at night or set car alarms off...

The neighborhood we moved to is a a dead end road with 6 horse properties and everyone of the neighbors are into cars/jeeps/4x4 etc. Its about 30 minutes from anywhere but it really is a great area.

You have some great cars for sure! I really dig the new wagon, I haven't seen one of those in years. Is it a big or small block? What are the build plans?
Unfortunately it’s not a 440 car, just a 360 2bbl.
It hadn’t run since 99-01 so I checked fluids, checked for spark, disconnected the fuel line at the carb, dumped some fuel down the carb and she fired off first hit of the key!
I think I’ll just be cleaning it up inside and out, do all the maintenance things, drain and clean out gas tank, 4bbl and aluminum intake, cam, lifters, gaskets, oil and fuel pump, of course dual exhaust at factory exits (has factory resonator and muffler and the coolest tip! I’m going to try and reproduce it for the duals in polished stainless steel)
Needs a windshield, front carpet, (black Matt in rear sections) headliner and dashpad eventually.
I left a 2500 sqft shop at my house in Illinois and now have just barely enough room to keep everything (with decent paint) inside. There’s a 1/4 acre in a fenced lot on our property so a shop is in the future... hopefully near future...
Thanks!

Last edited:
Rescued it 20 years ago.
Assuming disk on front.

View attachment 702816
It’s going to get a late model Magnum 5.9, I’m going to restore the interior and do all the wear/maintenance parts replacement, clean up the outside, new stripes, canopy vinyl top, since it’s 98% original paint I’m planning on buffing the outside and under the hood, door jambs and trunk and drive it as a patina/original paint car but really clean everywhere else and eventually sell it.
It will make someone an amazing starting point for a Mopar Muscle Car that is affordable and they can jump in, turn key and enjoy that is more presentable and different than most.
I’ve done this same thing with old Mopars for years now. It’s how I make my car money!
This has allowed me to own/build and enjoy around 40 Mopars over the last 20 years.
It’s my favorite thing in the world!

Rescued it 20 years ago.
Assuming disk on front.

View attachment 702816
What sway bars are you using, that’s what I want to do to this thing!
Not a fold down seat car but the parts car it came with is! B5/B5 mostly complete original slant 6 auto comes with 1972 318.

Here’s the build thread on the Dart Sport over at FABO
Making progress!
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/1974-dart-sport-“desert-rat”.424957/

Anyone needs a mostly rust free 73 Dart Sport or a 78 Monaco Police car 4 door project car let me know!
I need to get rid of the two extras that were included with the 74 Dart Sport and the cop car that came with the wagon.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back