• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can never have too many Mopar’s, especially B Bodies!

What sway bars are you using, that’s what I want to do to this thing!
Not a fold down seat car but the parts car it came with is! B5/B5 mostly complete original slant 6 auto comes with 1972 318.

20 years ago I got lower controls and bars in the junk yard from cars.
No rhyme or reason.
Slants with 4 doors had them.

I don't guess the Monaco rear would fit under the Dart.
I know a Diplomat will and it fixes the puckered up rear syndrome.
Move spring perches, of course.
It looks like moving the package tray and seat from the parts car is something you could do, if you wanted to.
Since you are having to rebuild the interior anyway.
I really like the fold down.
You can pack up and move cross country or haul big things around.
I've got one with and one without.

I paid $3250 for the FM three panther pink and white 1970 charger 500 In 1998. It’s a numbers matching 383/727 console car with AC.

:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU: You suck in the best possible way!:lol::lol::lol: Great stories and so cool that your dad had the good sense to hang on to these cars. Very smart indeed! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more. Glad you joined man...

View attachment 703543
05EDEEE2-7CA0-40D6-AD20-2B4C7E8C099A.jpeg
C315BC3D-75AD-4F47-893D-A2E8541B7DD3.jpeg
Grady Cain, post: “You suck in the best possible way!”

Ha! Yeah, Pinky sure didn’t look like that when I got her!

There was an auction in Iowa my fathers buddy was at and called my dad and said “There’s a butt ugly Pink F’ing Charger being drug across the block, what do you think?” He told him to see if it has a fender tag and if it does and says FM3 “You better damn sure buy it!” (Pre-picture phones!)
He ended up paying $2,100 for it plus auction costs and shipping it back to Illinois.
Once at his shop he called my dad and said “I think I just bought the most butt ugly piece of sh!t I’ve ever laid eyes on!” the old man and I rushed to see it and when we got there I about passed out.
She was rough to say the least, no vinyl top, interior trashed, no carpet (perfect floors!!!) grill mostly busted out and it looked like a pink chalkboard. If you touched it your hand would turn pink.
But it was all there!
Only missing the factory AC compressor and lines, otherwise there sat a complete factory FM3 Panther Pink 1970 Charger!
At that time I had only ever seen one other FM3 70 Charger. Mopar Nats in Columbus a few years before I ran into a guy named Scott that was from Chicago and my girlfriend at the time fell in love with not only Panther Pink but Panther Pink on a 1970 Charger... she said “You told me to find what old Mopar I want? I want a FM3 Charger.”
I said “Sure! I’d build a Pink Charger for you!” She abruptly cut me off and said “No... I want a real FM3 Pink Charger!”
My response was “Honey... they only made about 200 so you better finish college and get that law degree!”

So fast forward, I bought the Charger and took it to the mechanic shop I was working at then and worked on the car nightly for 4 weeks straight and had it looking, running and driving as it does today. I didn’t even paint it, mechanically went through everything, suspension to wiring.
Motor and trans had paperwork claiming them to be rebuilt (found in the trunk along with perfect trunk floors and extensions!!!)
I wet sanded and buffed the terrible old paint, added a stripe, vinyl top and re-upholstered the interior. A fresh set of Rally’s and BFG’s and I was off!
The first drive was to my girlfriends house with the Pink car and an engagement ring... I gave her the car and a 1/2ct diamond and 6 months later she threw the ring and the keys at me and moved to Florida!!

Thank you God, you are a good God!

(Of course it was never in her name nor did she have possession of the car!)
My wife hates the idea that I bought the car for another woman but loves the car. (Hates the story!)
Thank goodness I married the right one, she puts up with and is on board with my swapping, buying and selling. And is a great supporter of my building flips and knows why I’ve kept what I have.
She Gets It.
Can’t believe I have no interior pictures! She’s a good 10-20 footer all day!

Auto Transport Service
Back