• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can't make me not love this car...

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0322-4...TgkTMIGQ2lLr8tfX9g4ywptnze61RSLcw-hSRVFlVQgEQ

Dear Lord....
Untitled.png

Chargers are very sexy, but to spend that kind of money restoring a Hemi Car and then put a painted part store battery in in suggests that other shortcuts have been taken.

70 Chargers are my personal favorite Mopars! From the moment my parents brought their new R/T SE home in 1970,I was hooked.!

Meh. It’s an automatic. :)

...and likely to out-shift a manual under hard acceleration say, in the quarter mile.

What color is that?

Looks like turquoise.

I like it.

...and likely to out-shift a manual under hard acceleration say, in the quarter mile.

I like it.

I’m more of a cruiser than a racer. I only had my cars to the track a handful of times. The sound alone is worth the 4 speed for me.

Agree, "fun to drive" and "fun to drive fast in a straight line" are not the same thing.

My current red R/T S.E. was originally B3 blue with blue longitudinal stripes. Hard to decide when I repaint it someday to leave it red after 32 years of ownership it has grown on me or go back to its original blue.

Pretty nice car but you might not love the auction price so much - especially carrying the Charger premium.

I think I could easily live with the incorrrect battery and lack of blackout paint on the core support. Knowing me, I would pull the steelies and polyglass tires in favor of some Magnums and updated rubber and collect some bugs on the windshield anyway. No trailer queens in my stable. It is probably a good thing that I couldn't afford it cuz the purists would be crying the blues.

Chargers are very sexy, but to spend that kind of money restoring a Hemi Car and then put a painted part store battery in in suggests that other shortcuts have been taken.
All I ever read is the REPRO batteries SUCK.... Installing a DELCO battery to me does not mean shortcuts were taken in more critical areas...

Last edited:
All I ever read about is the REPRO batteries SUCK.... Installing a generac battery to me does not mean shortcuts were taken in more critical areas...

Yup... I bought three batteries in a four year period when my Challenger was fresh... Then I converted one to have an oddessey battery inside... When a friend broke that I put a standard battery in & haven't looked back... I won't waste my money on another when my Coronet is ready to hit the road..

I love the paint and it got the correct engine!

I guess I got lucky. I'm still using the same Mopar group 27 repro (non-acid) I got over 15 years ago. Still has bite marks in the posts from when my husky was a puppy. She will be turning 14 soon. It has the 2 smaller batteries in series.

No way! Those batteries are like throwing money in a burn barrel. I got sick of the terrible quality. I can make a regular battery last 10 years, but not those turds.
Plus the battery can be changed in 3 minutes. So talking down the car for the battery isn’t a topic.

Last edited:
I just use a Mopar Battery topper. I'm not going to pay the price of a reproduction Mopar battery and have it crap out 2 years later!!!

IMG_0998.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back