• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite 62-65 B-body ?

Has to be the 63' Ply's I have one and have owned 3. And like above I'd like another . The 63 I have is a Spt Fury and right now is in peices. Only thing in it is the 426 "street" wedge. NoT a Max but has max rods and pistons. 906 heads for now and Holley st Dominator with a 850 NASCAR carb. OH anyonr nave some door panels extra????
GP

First Mopar I saw that made an impression on me was a pro-street '65 Coronet Hardtop in a magazine. All I remember is that it was red with a Crossram equpped Wedge churning the big ol' meats out back. I was roughly 13 or so at the time, and the shape of that body nearly floored me when I saw it. It coulda been stock, pro-street, street machine, whatever... that roofline hooked me in, and the funky Crossram with the carbs spread way out in the corners knocked me outta the park.

It took another 15 or so years untill I found myself in a position to buy a '65 Dodge, but since then I'v bought another '65 and a '63. Eventually 1 of them will end up with the Crossram that burned an image into my retinas way back when...........

65 Plymouths just do it for me.I grew up in the back seat of my Satellite.The folks bought in 69 and used it for the family car for a few years.When I turned 13 Dad gave me the keys.I'm 42 now,I'll probably die with the keys in my hand.

64 Sport Fury

Car 020.jpg

Max Wedge

Has to be the 63' Ply's I have one and have owned 3. And like above I'd like another . The 63 I have is a Spt Fury and right now is in peices. Only thing in it is the 426 "street" wedge. NoT a Max but has max rods and pistons. 906 heads for now and Holley st Dominator with a 850 NASCAR carb. OH anyonr nave some door panels extra????
GP

I hope what you are telling us is that you put the max wedge pistons and rods in your 426 365Horse street wedge? I have worked both. We held the ASA record for quite a while with the 426 Max Wedge. My personal car at the time was a 64 Sport Fury with the 426 Street Wedge and automatic. I have had both engines apart. No maxie rods or forged pistons in the Street Wedge.
I am 70 yrs young and have been a Mopar Nut since I was 18. If you need any info on the engines or torqueflite builds, I can supply you with most of the info.
joemac
[email protected]

yes I put the rods and pistons in the "street" wedge. I have a set of 452 heads I'm setting up to replace the 906's on the engine now. Doing a bit of "grinding " then new valves and springs. ANyone Know where I can order the poeting templates online?

1962 Dart

Hi, here are a couple of pictures of my 1962 Dodge Dart 440 4-door. It's originaly a slant 6 car, which was the most selling 1962 model in Sweden. When I bought it I made an engine swap to a 318 poly. I have had the car for ten years, missing alot of trim pieces and the car had a poorly done paint job when I bought it. This winter I started to rebuild the car (with some help from my brothers and father), bought a 413 engine :yes: (which I rebuilt), found all trim I was missing on ebay :grin: and then put a new paint on it. I wanted it to have the original look (sleeper), but lowered in the front and put on 17" rims. I'm going to change the tailpipes in near future, so they will become less visible. I guess one can say that the 1962 Dodge Dart is my favorite 62-65 b-body.

Dodge_front1024b.jpg

Dodge_back1024b.jpg

Yepp.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at all the cars in this thread I have to tell you I still own my dream car the 63 Plymouth Sport Fury ! :yes: Ron

DSC_4859.jpg

Couple of nice 64' Dodges with some real fine front bumpers..:wtg:

ohbaby.jpg

MPV-PE191870-800.jpg

My fav is 64 Sport Fury. Trying to sell my 70 Duster 340 project to buy a 64 I found 1 mile from my house. Love the front end! But then again, I love ALL early B's!

As a kid I liked the '50s fin cars and my first mopar was a 56 Belvedere. I like all the 62-65's but my favorite has always been the 65 Satellite.

Here's my first 65 in November 1965. I had to leave it behind to go to war!

mini-R1-6.jpg

My current 65 was bought exactly 40 years later in 2005.

mini-Picture%20003.jpg

As a kid I liked the '50s fin cars and my first mopar was a 56 Belvedere. I like all the 62-65's but my favorite has always been the 65 Satellite.

Here's my first 65 in November 1965. I had to leave it behind to go to war!

mini-R1-6.jpg

My current 65 was bought exactly 40 years later in 2005.

mini-Picture%20003.jpg

I don't own one, but I also REALLY love the 65 Satellite's and Belvedere's and you sir, had and now have, two VERY nice examples of those awesome cars! :)

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back