• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your opinion please - just received my restored headlight motor

It was nice meeting you in person Dave!

There are definitely 2 views of the original question by Dave. This is my view(which Dave and I discussed last night):

9 out of 10 times a headlight motor won't be seen, but needs to function properly. I install new brushes, a new Torrington bearing, new gear(I own the mold to reproduce them), new gasket and a new harness/plug assembly. Each motor is bead blasted with 80 grit glass bead to preserve numbers and even blemishes, then painted with PPGs industrial line of paint-ALK 200 which is far better than a rattle can. So, I don't frown upon rust pits on headlight motors as much as I do on wiper motors.

Topher

That was my point in my first response here. If the goal was function over appearance, there would be no issue. For many cars, this is true. For a car destined to present well at shows, it would be unacceptable.
That housing and knob were ugly to start with.....blasting them only made them worse. The paint looks (to me) like it was an attempt to cover it up.
Again, for a driver or an average quality build, it would be fine.

Vender should’ve discussed when core arrived, OP should’ve asked or disclosed a rusty core and the expectations upfront.

Should have bought a '69 Charger 500 in the first place. :poke:
:p
:lol::luvplace:

Yeah, I can’t believe he bought a 70. Especially this one. Lol

F37520D3-FB5A-4356-8573-0E9199D8891C.jpeg

2D29C108-513A-4582-85EA-8E252C296447.jpeg

6DE5B497-2CDF-4BD2-AEF4-1B18F0BFCA35.jpeg

well got my headlight motor back today. All I can say is thank you Topher it looks brand new. :thumbsup:

pics to big will load tomorrow :BangHead:

That is fast service. I think that your attitude made the difference.
A rude and entitled customer might have incurred some bad blood and a series of insults back and forth.
I'm glad it worked out well and quickly.

On another note....
THIS car:

2d29c108-513a-4582-85ea-8e252c296447-jpeg.1410471

sort of reminds me of....

JF 7.JPG

It is strange that many 1970 models have been discovered and saved over the past few years.

Much better, that could live in my world.

That is fast service. I think that your attitude made the difference.
A rude and entitled customer might have incurred some bad blood and a series of insults back and forth.
I'm glad it worked out well and quickly.

On another note....
THIS car:

2d29c108-513a-4582-85ea-8e252c296447-jpeg.1410471

sort of reminds me of....

View attachment 1411745

It is strange that many 1970 models have been discovered and saved over the past few years.
When I get my boy close out of college in the next 7 years I may pick up another 70 RT. Would like to find a sunroof matching numbers car.

Auto Transport Service
Back