• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your opinion please

Best looking Bee hood in my opinion is the power bulge hood.
Plumfloored-creations-1970-Dodge-Coronet.jpg

Best looking Bee hood in my opinion is the power bulge hood.
View attachment 992463
I bought a 70 Charger fender off a guy from Massachusetts two weeks ago,and he had a very nice bulge hood for a 70 Bee,but the scoop inserts were missing,I think he wanted $900 for the hood. Those hoods are usually rotted,or beatup where they drop down between the bumpers,this one was mint. He also had a pair of 69 quarter scoops for sale too,with the bezels.

Last edited:
The car looks fairly stock, so are you going to modify it to utilize the big scoop, or you just want to make it look like its fast? Unless you plan to back up the scoop look with power modifications, I'd suggest leaving it alone.
will this work?
910611-6fe7cb5904e5a6f38c6b95f68c96f762.jpg

I "get it".
I'm not going to look for the dyno comparison right now, but on a modest built up 440, a factory dual plane 6bbl intake went head to head with some modern day performance intakes and 4bbl carbs. Bottom line is the torque was basically equal or superior (wider) with the 6bbl and it gave up 15 HP to the top contender.
I'm going to see what this Weiand old school Super Stock 6bbl intake will do, and unless it's a nightmare to drive on the street, it will have a permanent place and modified N96 (or possibly A12 6 pack) hood to accommodate it.
I expect good results.
20200604_135643.jpg

how much higher is the Weiand intake?

how much higher is the Weiand intake?
Well, if it didn't need carburetors on it I would have a little air space w/my N96 hood.
Last time I removed the Edelbrock/Chrysler 6bbl aluminum intake, I only had a day or 2 because I needed to be able to move my car in case Cristobal flooded my property, so my measurements were cursory.
Since I want to be able to add 2bbl spray plates (I have one from Nitrous Express) and I believe the Trick Flow 270s are going to raise the intake, I need a little room to spare.
Basically I want about 4½" more height than I have now, plus ½" for spacers, and I have to see what the TF 270s are going to add to that.
Here's a few pix for now.
This shows about 3½" of space, between the intake and scoop edge. To install the Air Grabber clamshell, I have to account for hood bracing that intrudes on the 3½" shown here.
20200531_142259.jpg

I also recently learned of 2 taller than stock K&N oval air filters, and at minimum I'm going to use the 3½" tall one, which is about ⅔" taller than stock. I may use the 4" tall K&N...
This is the factory style paper filter on an A12 base I have.
20200605_102138.jpg
So I need to get some variables nailed down, but before all that happens I want to try out the intake, with my hood off.

You need an Edelbrock STR 14-6 if you want a single plane Sixpack intake that will clear the hood.

You need an Edelbrock STR 14-6 if you want a single plane Sixpack intake that will clear the hood.
True, or the Indy ModMan, but out of all of the way too much research I did on 6bbl intake options, the Weiand P3690982 6bbl gave the best performance, other than custom hand fabbed.

Auto Transport Service
Back