• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on this 1970 V Code Super Bee for sale?

Did you even click the link? It's not a complete car. It's a project that needs a complete restoration. He wants $40K for something that would usually sell for maybe $15K because of the fender tag. I would give you north of $40 for your car all day.
I hadn't...but I did now. Yeah, $40k is VERY spicy for what's there, but I don't think you can buy a V-code 'roller' for $15k anymore. Either way, I agree, that's going to be a strenuous restoration with how hard to find '70 parts are.

That V Code WILL fetch over $150K in time. These cars "Can" follow the market. Then again? There's ALWAYS someone out there with The Money. Some will try & Talk Ya Down in gangs. Trying to Lower the Ceiling. Don't fall for it. I've owned 5, "A12" cars since my father passed, got very lucky inherited the business. I HAD a 69-1/2 BEE, V2 V2 orange, M6X (Black Buckets, Console C16). In 2018 it may have brought $67/$70,000. It sold t9 a guy in Austrailia in March of 2022, HORRIBLE Economy- For $135,000 Warranty Block & Non Matching Transmission. Then Mecum sells a ONE of.ONE "Mod Top" Floral print F6 Green car for $240,000 just this month. Some don't care if the engine/Trans match. Personally I'm a Purist. But? Each to their own. I'd buy it, restore it to OEM. Ya can't lose since the EV Scare is all but DONE. ; -)

I hadn't...but I did now. Yeah, $40k is VERY spicy for what's there, but I don't think you can buy a V-code 'roller' for $15k anymore. Either way, I agree, that's going to be a strenuous restoration with how hard to find '70 parts are.
ABSOLUTELY

Here's the original ad: 1970 Dodge superbee · 440 six pack V code

"1970 dodge SuperBee V code 440 Sixpack4 speed/Dana/3xblackFender tag/build sheet Vin/body numbers all match nom engine. Rarest most collectible of v codes/440 six packs. And then the rarest for most desirable colors black. Needs restoration Needs quarters and floor patching Frames rockers rest of car super solid car from Virginia "

$40K

Not mine, of course. And what kind of heathen would repaint a black muscle car cream white????

I tried talking to the guy a bit because he restores several MOPARS every year and told me it's worth $100-125K restored because of the color combo. If that were the case he'd be doing the restoration and selling it himself, was my thinking. He's talking HEMI prices with original drivetrain from the many years of watching pricing and sales I have monitored. But I'm curious to get forum feedback. Would be a great car to save but I don't think the money math comes close to working out. But what do I know?
If you can "Swing" the money? Offer 35, I bet it sells. Guarantee you WON'T lose.

how much rust repair under the repaint ? can’t be sure …

if the deck lid is any indication....... this much, probably more

1706370684639.png

@69_A12_6BBL. The big red X for my statement that this car won't sell for anywhere near 15K? I would like to see you buy it for that money......

Here's the original ad: 1970 Dodge superbee · 440 six pack V code

"1970 dodge SuperBee V code 440 Sixpack4 speed/Dana/3xblackFender tag/build sheet Vin/body numbers all match nom engine. Rarest most collectible of v codes/440 six packs. And then the rarest for most desirable colors black. Needs restoration Needs quarters and floor patching Frames rockers rest of car super solid car from Virginia "

$40K

Not mine, of course. And what kind of heathen would repaint a black muscle car cream white????

I tried talking to the guy a bit because he restores several MOPARS every year and told me it's worth $100-125K restored because of the color combo. If that were the case he'd be doing the restoration and selling it himself, was my thinking. He's talking HEMI prices with original drivetrain from the many years of watching pricing and sales I have monitored. But I'm curious to get forum feedback. Would be a great car to save but I don't think the money math comes close to working out. But what do I know?
Given he wants 40k for it and what it would cost to restore it, might break even.

Script from ad:

Seller's Description:​

1970 Dodge Superbee · Coupe · Driven 500 miles1970 Dodge super bee 440 six pack four speed. Ram charger hood. New 440 engine, new ignition system,new battery, new radiator, new Holley six pack, new clutch, new tires , new headers. I've own the car since 2009. Since then I've spent a lot of time and money on this car. It's not a red carpet car but it's in great shape for being 53 years old. Car is in south Louisiana.

Script from ad:

Seller's Description:​

1970 Dodge Superbee · Coupe · Driven 500 miles1970 Dodge super bee 440 six pack four speed. Ram charger hood. New 440 engine, new ignition system,new battery, new radiator, new Holley six pack, new clutch, new tires , new headers. I've own the car since 2009. Since then I've spent a lot of time and money on this car. It's not a red carpet car but it's in great shape for being 53 years old. Car is in south Louisiana.
Link please?

The car has the fender tag and the buildsheet,if not for the non matching numbers engine, this car would have it all covered.

Well: The whole world knows it's for sale and it's still for sale. So I think the half of us that think it is priced way too high to allow a correct restoration are correct.

Back during the peak of things, a member over on Moparts paid 150k for a matching numbers triple black 70 Coronet R/T V code, 4 speed car that was restored, but still needed final assembly. The driveline was installed, and some assembly was done. The members over there were trashing the car, saying that the fender tag was fake and the car was probably originally a triple green automatic car, and all the codes were incorrect, but they weren't going to say what codes were incorrect because they didn't want to help other scammers etc. A real bunch of experts. So the owner obviously distraught about this news went back to the guy he purchased the car from with the concerns the members brought up, and the seller said, I have the original tag right here and other than a few rust spots, it was exactly the same as the reproduction tag that was on the car. No made up codes,nothing incorrect. The experts were somewhat dumbfounded!

My thoughts:
Although not yet legal driving age when the '70 models came out, I really liked the performance models of the '70 Coronet. It seemed like only me and the people who purchased them were the ones that liked them. None of my family or relatives like the looks. None of my friends liked the looks. None of my classmates like the looks. My, how times have changed...there are now people that like the looks.

County of Pulaski is a beautiful area of Virginia. I haven't been there since the late 1960's.

This particular car should be saved because of its noteworthy options and it is originally triple black.

If you're worried about money, then $40k seems like it's way too much for what it needs and how much it might sell for at fancy auction houses.

If it sells for $40k, then I'm going to sell my '70 Charger 500 as is for $70k with free local pick up.:D
Much the same for me....although when I had my Road Runner all restored.....nobody cared for it or that type of body. I had possibly one of only about 3 in New Zealand. Even the Dodge Charger was a scarce machine out here.

It seems that only a few years after I sold my RR, that an influx of them arrived in NZ. Now.....there are more than you can shake a stick at. Worse than that there are so many "Mopar Guys" here...... they're all mostly converts after reading up about the new Challenger way back when it first came out.

Followers.....not dedicated life-long Mopar guys.

I call myself a trendsetter in that regard. Been into Mopar since I was 14 years old.

Auto Transport Service
Back