• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on this 1970 V Code Super Bee for sale?

DynaBro

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Here's the original ad: 1970 Dodge superbee · 440 six pack V code

"1970 dodge SuperBee V code 440 Sixpack4 speed/Dana/3xblackFender tag/build sheet Vin/body numbers all match nom engine. Rarest most collectible of v codes/440 six packs. And then the rarest for most desirable colors black. Needs restoration Needs quarters and floor patching Frames rockers rest of car super solid car from Virginia "

$40K

Not mine, of course. And what kind of heathen would repaint a black muscle car cream white????

I tried talking to the guy a bit because he restores several MOPARS every year and told me it's worth $100-125K restored because of the color combo. If that were the case he'd be doing the restoration and selling it himself, was my thinking. He's talking HEMI prices with original drivetrain from the many years of watching pricing and sales I have monitored. But I'm curious to get forum feedback. Would be a great car to save but I don't think the money math comes close to working out. But what do I know?

Last edited:
He can't restore it himself and then sell it, he'd be underwater before he even got it in body work and started listing it for sale.

396277431_10231805997361236_6546829338388529894_n.jpg

Desirable yes but the end value will be contingent on the quality of restoration as much as what you are working with. You can take a desirable car with a crap restoration and not get close to those numbers.

What do you think it would take to make that pretty again? $60K?

Clean it up and drive it as is.
many sellers get all silly this time of year Of auctions, BJ insanity still to come.

Clean it up and drive it as is.
many sellers get all silly this time of year Of auctions, BJ insanity still to come.
There's certainly been a raise in enthusiasm for these cars the last 5-10 years. I think it has a lot to do with the sons of original era owners finally being old enough to have some money, stability, and skills to begin restoring and purchasing them. But I also strongly believe the economy is in for some deeply serious trouble and deals will be coming soon from that and the combination of, sadly, deaths resulting in more cars on the market.

As far as his estimate on restored value, I think he's right. NOM engine hurts, how much I can't estimate. You didn't mention the asking price, so it's very hard to say what kind of deal it is. Depending on the amount of work you can do yourself would be the decision on the value as is. It's easy enough to figure what's needed and that cost. Your labor 0, IMO 15-18K and you could break even at 100K. Make money, no.

As far as his estimate on restored value, I think he's right. NOM engine hurts, how much I can't estimate. You didn't mention the asking price, so it's very hard to say what kind of deal it is. Depending on the amount of work you can do yourself would be the decision on the value as is. It's easy enough to figure what's needed and that cost. Your labor 0, IMO 15-18K and you could break even at 100K. Make money, no.
You couldn't even get it painted for 18K out here.

A black car, the body and prep has to be perfect. Probably the reason for a white repaint.

Parts prices are up. labor prices are going up. Cars themselves are not selling to well, at least here on the left coast.

View attachment 1590721

Desirable yes but the end value will be contingent on the quality of restoration as much as what you are working with. You can take a desirable car with a crap restoration and not get close to those numbers.
Thank you @69Coronetrt for posting the fender tag for
VIN WM23V0A166056

I am including two other pictures below along with the fender tag you posted.

Screenshot_20240114-131300~2.png
Screenshot_20240114-131337~3.png
Screenshot_20240114-131322~2.png

the original thread has a link to original ad , asking price 40k

My thoughts:
Although not yet legal driving age when the '70 models came out, I really liked the performance models of the '70 Coronet. It seemed like only me and the people who purchased them were the ones that liked them. None of my family or relatives like the looks. None of my friends liked the looks. None of my classmates like the looks. My, how times have changed...there are now people that like the looks.

County of Pulaski is a beautiful area of Virginia. I haven't been there since the late 1960's.

This particular car should be saved because of its noteworthy options and it is originally triple black.

If you're worried about money, then $40k seems like it's way too much for what it needs and how much it might sell for at fancy auction houses.

If it sells for $40k, then I'm going to sell my '70 Charger 500 as is for $70k with free local pick up.:D

His prices are always crazy high. It has been for sale locally since all last summer.
Very cool car and color combo, but a little steep price wise I think. Wish I could afford it and restore it.
Hell, my buddy just picked up this red true V code 70' Six Pack Road Runner this summer for 32K with the Six Pack, air grabber hood and runs and drive great.

20230830_200838.jpg

20230705_192236.jpg

His prices are always crazy high. It has been for sale locally since all last summer.
Very cool car and color combo, but a little steep price wise I think. Wish I could afford it and restore it.
Hell, my buddy just picked up this red true V code 70' Six Pack Road Runner this summer for 32K with the Six Pack, air grabber hood and runs and drive great.

View attachment 1590810

View attachment 1590811
That's one lucky dude.

Auto Transport Service
Back