• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on this 1970 V Code Super Bee for sale?

My personal opinion…..without the original drivetrain, the V code provenance is overplayed on this car. The black color helps , as it always does, and with the original drivetrain would make for one heck of a car. But you really can’t pay a premium for the V if it doesn’t have i.

My personal opinion…..without the original drivetrain, the V code provenance is overplayed on this car. The black color helps , as it always does, and with the original drivetrain would make for one heck of a car. But you really can’t pay a premium for the V if it doesn’t have i.
Exactly! These cars haven’t reached 2nd Gen Charger Price yet. Hell, there’s A-12 cars floating around at least 10k cheaper with every piece of sheet metal, nut and bolt available. Anybody that’d give $40k for this car would be a nut.

Better off finding a used Viper or Hellcat for $40k and drive it IMO. These $40k average option, basket cases just don't have that kind of value .

Better off finding a used Viper or Hellcat for $40k and drive it IMO. These $40k average option, basket cases just don't have that kind of value .
Any Hellcat for 40k has a salvage title, I looked for years before deciding to just buy a low mileage R/T 6 speed.

Clean it up and drive it as is.
many sellers get all silly this time of year Of auctions, BJ insanity still to come.

Trying to learn. What are sellers silly about this time of year? Silly high or low? What is BJ insanity? Thanks. Rudy

Here's the original ad: 1970 Dodge superbee · 440 six pack V code

"1970 dodge SuperBee V code 440 Sixpack4 speed/Dana/3xblackFender tag/build sheet Vin/body numbers all match nom engine. Rarest most collectible of v codes/440 six packs. And then the rarest for most desirable colors black. Needs restoration Needs quarters and floor patching Frames rockers rest of car super solid car from Virginia "

$40K

Not mine, of course. And what kind of heathen would repaint a black muscle car cream white????

I tried talking to the guy a bit because he restores several MOPARS every year and told me it's worth $100-125K restored because of the color combo. If that were the case he'd be doing the restoration and selling it himself, was my thinking. He's talking HEMI prices with original drivetrain from the many years of watching pricing and sales I have monitored. But I'm curious to get forum feedback. Would be a great car to save but I don't think the money math comes close to working out. But what do I know?
I don’t think any ‘70 Hemi Super Bees have sold in the 100-125k range in quite some time. I’m working on one now that sold for $125k in pieces 5 years ago. The TX9 V code car is probably a little overpriced, but you’re not going to find many others with that color combo and it is about as cool as a ‘70 Bee can get IMO

I will say this about this car and the seller. They have always had some very nice cars come through their shop, and I know they did good work. This car is undoubtably as solid as they say, and it would not be a disappointment to buy the car if someone could come to terms on it.

Yeah, there is no way that cars sells for anywhere near 15K in these times.

I have restored 8 of the 15 cars that I had at one time and learned 40 years ago that you do it for the love of the particular car and model and not from the viewpoint of what you can get for it. I usually don't sell from my collection and have ended up buying back cars that I parted with. It's not about the money, but it is about what you remember from your youth and what various models meant to you. I still have 8 cars and will keep them until I am gone.

His prices are always crazy high. It has been for sale locally since all last summer.
Very cool car and color combo, but a little steep price wise I think. Wish I could afford it and restore it.
Hell, my buddy just picked up this red true V code 70' Six Pack Road Runner this summer for 32K with the Six Pack, air grabber hood and runs and drive great.

View attachment 1590810

View attachment 1590811
wow , great deal on the red v code , it’s looks in great condition at a great price in today’s market…

Right or wrong, I think $40k is close to where it should be. I paid North of that for the Sublime car pictured. Yes, it is a factory N96 car but it also was subject to losing its original engine AND transmission years ago. I have a broadcast sheet and am looking for it’s original block and A833 case. Just saying, maybe I overpaid, but I don’t think so. I wanted either Black or Sublime and consider myself lucky to have found the car that I did!

View attachment 1593442
Did you even click the link? It's not a complete car. It's a project that needs a complete restoration. He wants $40K for something that would usually sell for maybe $15K because of the fender tag. I would give you north of $40 for your car all day.

Auto Transport Service
Back