• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your turn to play 'Will these wheels fit a 1973 satellite?!'

I just ordered a set of 15x10 Wheel Vintiques 63 series which says they are Chrysler but have 5 1/2" backspace so I guess we will see.
This is 4 1/2” backspacing. 295 series tire. 5” would clear but I wouldn’t try 5 1/2”.

7CE8FBBD-74DE-4CEE-A870-DB8BC702383D.jpeg

With the springs in the stock location, yes.
My 18 x10s have 4 1/2” and I have less than an inch to the springs.
You sure about that? My Coronet wheels are 17x11 with 6.125" backspacing & they clear everything... Tires are 315/45-17...

Have the springs been moved?
No... It's very close to touching the spring, I'll probably run a 1/4" spacer since I have more room outboard than inboard.. Should have had the wheels built with 6" BS but since I knew it was close I figured a little to deep a spacer can fix... Not deep enough something has to get modified..

You sure about that? My Coronet wheels are 17x11 with 6.125" backspacing & they clear everything... Tires are 315/45-17...
I just remembered that I have A 1966/67 housing in the car. They are narrower by about 5/8” compared to a 68-70 housing.

I explored that thought when building the runner. Had to move spring hangers. Would have to cut the back seat down. Mini tub is what I was after. But way too much to move so left it alone. Went with 8 inch rims with 9 and half inch tires on the rim. Looks grate but not a fatty tire back their. Are you posting pics of the build 70hall440.

Auto Transport Service
Back