• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yukon D60-35 Locker

Mike67

Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used this locker ( YGDl-60-3-35)? Pros/cons?
Is it worth the additional $100 having a full forged housing vs cast steel (like power lock)?
I can get the Yukon for $515 vs Dr D @ $425+50 s&h, his Eaton is $725!!
Thanks

The last Strange I bought through the Dr., I stepped up on most options to strengthen it. With the the time Our Hobby/Passion has left, why skimp...
1122191623.jpg

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the suregrip from Dr Diff a clutch type limited slip, and the yukon a locker? If i were you, i would make my decision more based on if you can live with a real locker, or if you just want a lsd. A locker can be loud, snap crackle and pop, unload oddly in turns, and requires that a driver be aware of what he is doing with it. A regular clutch posi (sorry) has none of those drawbacks, and in a dana 60 is incredibly robust. I would consider a locker to be a 75%race,25% street part.
(Yes, i do have a locker, but in an 8 3/4. My 9" with a spool is easier to drive on the street) Always, my opinion only.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the suregrip from Dr Diff a clutch type limited slip, and the yukon a locker? If i were you, i would make my decision more based on if you can live with a real locker, or if you just want a lsd. A locker can be loud, snap crackle and pop, unload oddly in turns, and requires that a driver be aware of what he is doing with it. A regular clutch posi (sorry) has none of those drawbacks, and in a dana 60 is incredibly robust. I would consider a locker to be a 75%race,25% street part.
(Yes, i do have a locker, but in an 8 3/4. My 9" with a spool is easier to drive on the street) Always, my opinion only.
Yes sir, I know they are different. I had a locker in a 9" years ago. Low speed turns can be a pita if it doesn't disengage. Just looking at the best deal....right now anything would be better than the spool that's in it right now.
Several yrs ago I bought a Track Lok from a member here but it isn't what we both thought it was . Its a D60 35 spline but the deck height doesn't match any on record for a 3 or a 4 and wouldn't work... So exploring my options.
Thanks

IMHO, a Dana 60 Power Lock clutch diff is great. Mine have been very tame as long as you use the correct additive, the Ford version is preferred by many, but I had good results from the Chrysler stuff in the '70's. Not sure what lube is in my current Dana. The stock Dana 60 differential is stout enough to handle 500+ HP easily with good axles.

Auto Transport Service
Back