• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 Project

20% chance of showers my ***... It stormed in the middle of the Little Anthony's show and the rear glass or trunk seal leaked right on my small electronic board for my fuel pump and shorted it out... After the storm stopped I sopped up the water out of the trunk and dried off the board. Still worked. Killed more time but I had to get home. Raining like mad all the way up 83. The water dripping on my leg. I noticed this morning that my windshield gasket had split where it was bonded at the base in front of the driver. Now my carpet is wet and the back of the dash is soaked..... I have a lot of damage control to deal with tomorrow......

I saw some big storms but they were in New Mexico for goodness sake. I made a really cool booklet for people to look at and that fogged my judgement, I wanted be at the show no matter what.... Price Paid.....

On a positive note the 3 speed wipers are cool and the wipers actually worked better than my Civic :)

that sucks Jim! I decided to take a stroll yesterday on a beautiful morning with the top down to take my daughter to work, since her civic is in my shop with the cyl head pulled off. Well, that turned into an all day affair when the starter crapped out and an expensive tow home. I feel your pain!

Cripes! That sucks. Are you going to have to replace the gasket then? Maybe we should swap cars so we can work on other cars for a change :)

Water dripping on ur leg definitely wakes you up! As an aside- there's an article in Hemings Muscle Machines on a Resto in Scottsdale, Quality Muscle Restorations on a factory Hemi.

IMG_1103.JPG

Cripes! That sucks. Are you going to have to replace the gasket then? Maybe we should swap cars so we can work on other cars for a change :)

Ha ha! I think it is more like NEVER EVER take it anywhere if there is a cloud in the sky :)

Well that is a day I will never get back. All dried out and cleaned up. Amazing how fast thing get grubby and surface rust with a drive in the rain.... Also smashed my finger when the jack handle slipped and I punched the concrete. Black and blue...... I will never drive this car again. It is in the garage wrapped up in cling wrap now!

Who do you know who waxes their inner fenders :realcrazy:

Oh I also found the rattle that was driving my crazy, the new left exhaust was thumping on the under body by the rear hanger! I also tightened up the front wheel bearings a bit too.

DSC_0085.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0088.jpg
DSC_0089.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg

Last edited:
Well that is a day I will never get back. All dried out and cleaned up. Amazing how fast thing get grubby and surface rust with a drive in the rain.... Also smashed my finger when the jack handle slipped and I punched the concrete. Black a blue...... I will never drive this car again. It is in the garage wrapped up in cling wrap now!

Oh I also found the rattle that was driving my crazy, the new left exhaust was thumping on the under body by the rear hanger! I also tightened up the front wheel bearings a bit too.

View attachment 506817 View attachment 506818 View attachment 506819 View attachment 506820 View attachment 506821 View attachment 506822

Well, Glen and I did suggest you encase the car in a glass room.

Jim those jackstands look pretty good also!!!

Well that is a day I will never get back. All dried out and cleaned up. Amazing how fast thing get grubby and surface rust with a drive in the rain.... Also smashed my finger when the jack handle slipped and I punched the concrete. Black and blue...... I will never drive this car again. It is in the garage wrapped up in cling wrap now!

View attachment 506817 View attachment 506818 View attachment 506819 View attachment 506820 View attachment 506821 View attachment 506822
You have joined the jack stand club! A inside joke from the racers forum here, long story...but I got the same admission awhile back ...So welcome Jim

Car looks amazing! Never enough pictures of your ride!

Auto Transport Service
Back