• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 pics

Was he not the obnoxious mouth piece that wanted a million dollars for it?
That " obnoxious mouth piece" is my friend and we restored that car. yes there was a time we were still trying to establish a real world price on a one-of one car, not an easy task. obviously, that is not what he sold it for.

I have a very special affection, respect, and unbridled attraction for the A12 Roadrunner and A12 Super Bee cars. Having found what became the ideal MOPAR and classic muscle car for me in my 70 V-code Roadrunner, I learned a lot about the cars and the program by Chrysler that created the 440 6bbl powered A12 package, and I credit the success of the A12 program as being the root source for ALL "V-code" Mopar vehicles.
I was unaware until a couple of years ago that the 440 6bbl, at least in the A12 package, was was more than just the intake, carbs, rods, pistons? and harmonic balancer.
The chrome flashing on the stamped steel rocker arms was one feature I didn't know about, and that's just one example of how those behind the project paid attention to detail while staying in the guidelines for the program: "Provide the highest level of performance within the lowest cost to give customers the BEST value".
Pontiac had set out to do that with the GTO "Judge", and while I and many others like and appreciate "The Judge" package, they fell short in some ways on performance and definitely missed the mark on keeping down costs, because The Judge package equipped GTOs could be loaded up with all kinds of other options that weren't directly performance related, driving the cost up to what could be astronomical heights, and there weren't as many "minimum standards" directly related to going FAST in a straight line for about 1,320 feet. An example of how the A12 accomplished this was the standard, mandatory 4:10 ring and pinion gears, in a Dana 60 to boot!
Anyway, I loved the performance of my warmed over 440 6bbl, and I will always love the A12 cars as one of the absolute best examples of American muscle cars in the height of the era!

That " obnoxious mouth piece" is my friend and we restored that car. yes there was a time we were still trying to establish a real world price on a one-of one car, not an easy task. obviously, that is not what he sold it for.
Wayne had Darrin and that a$$clown Chris B. confused. Superstockracer or something like that went through a divorce and was trying to sell his F3 A12 car for a million. He was banned from this site several years ago now.

Wayne had Darrin and that a$$clown Chris B. confused. Superstockracer or something like that went through a divorce and was trying to sell his F3 A12 car for a million. He was banned from this site several years ago now.
:thumbsup:

Closest I will ever come. My 69 R/T with a 440 Sixpack and lift off hood. Love these cars. This body style is one of the best.

Coronet pics #2 006 [640x480-2].jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

My daughter saw this in the Columbus,Oh. area recently.

Resized_20231231_220622.jpeg

Resized_20231231_220521.jpeg

Closest I will ever come. My 69 R/T with a 440 Sixpack and lift off hood. Love these cars. This body style is one of the best
I'm loving it!
1704477615172.png

PLEASE can you tell me what size rear tires are in this picture and any size and offset info for the wheel it's on?
I'm asking because I was SO HAPPY to have fit the first "educated guess" tires I bought unseen to go with the Year One 9" wide x 17" diameter, 5" backspace aluminum Rallye wheels on my 70 Roadrunner.
The Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials at 315/35/17 fit like Mopar could have made them the "Top Factory Option" (wouldn't THAT have been something wonderful!) in my rear wheelwells, and never ever rubbed, even when I still had the original (and I found out trying a pinion snubber at the drag strip and bent that thick, steel mounting spine on the first launch, to the point of unusable and rubbing on my pinion yoke on launch #2) rear leaf springs on. There's an inverted U shaped piece of sheet metal in the 12:00 position that may be an issue with a much taller tire of that width.
That's a mini Wall Of Text to say I like knowing the limit of wide, tall rear tires on B-Bodies and how close people get to the max, what their max is, and how they achieved it.

I'm loving it!
View attachment 1585540
PLEASE can you tell me what size rear tires are in this picture and any size and offset info for the wheel it's on?
I'm asking because I was SO HAPPY to have fit the first "educated guess" tires I bought unseen to go with the Year One 9" wide x 17" diameter, 5" backspace aluminum Rallye wheels on my 70 Roadrunner.
The Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials at 315/35/17 fit like Mopar could have made them the "Top Factory Option" (wouldn't THAT have been something wonderful!) in my rear wheelwells, and never ever rubbed, even when I still had the original (and I found out trying a pinion snubber at the drag strip and bent that thick, steel mounting spine on the first launch, to the point of unusable and rubbing on my pinion yoke on launch #2) rear leaf springs on. There's an inverted U shaped piece of sheet metal in the 12:00 position that may be an issue with a much taller tire of that width.
That's a mini Wall Of Text to say I like knowing the limit of wide, tall rear tires on B-Bodies and how close people get to the max, what their max is, and how they achieved it.
275/60/15 on widened 15"x10" steelies w/5-1/2" back spacing.

I just want to chime in here. The car was sold to a collector in the Miami area 2 years ago. I wish him well with the sale.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back