• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And so it begins..... my new garage

You don't want to rock the shop , you want to rock the whole valley !

Very cool !

I MIGHT be able to hear the sounds from Uniontown!!

And it continues..... while shopping for the stereo I came across a 12" Cerwin Vega sub for $30! Couldn't resist, bought it today but I'm definitely done now.

I have a pile of 14 foot galvanized roofing about 18 inches high out by the old barn. All of it taken off of an old dairy farm milking parlor. Nice patina.

Here's the new addition, $30 Cerwin Vega and how I arranged them. Thought putting them upstairs was a good idea to avoid damage.

What a difference! My Wi-Fi range extender successfully got me enough signal to listen to Pandora in the garage and the Bluetooth transmitter allows me to stream music to the stereo.:thumbsup:

Listened to a lot of Metallica, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, etc then dad drops in for a visit and I click it to Motown and jam to some Aretha Franklin, Chuch Berry, Temptations, etc... LOVE IT!
IMG-20170414-WA0001.jpeg
IMG-20170414-WA0003.jpeg

Here's something that floored me. I'm not a Craiglist kind of guy and these are the only things I've ever bought from the sight so I always think "am I going to end up in a bad part of town.... is it stolen.. is it a scam?? So I set out to go after this speaker which is priced stupid cheap (concerning) wondering what I'd get into and my directions take me here!!!! Holy cow what a beautiful place.
20170414_135209.jpg

I jam to disco on Pandora.

DISCO??:eek:
That's one genre I can't do lol.

Put the post hole digger on the old Ferguson last night, already itching to start the 24X24 addition. Looks like a lot of rain in the forecast so it'll likely be on hold but I'm already exploring ways of making it even bigger or at least a roof for the tractor. Given the landscape I'm very limited without another step down but could easily build off the back for more shelter.

The addition will be pole barn style but no buried timbers, instead I like to drill 4ft deep holes and fill them with concrete. I build forms to set over the holes so when poured they extend 8" above grade and leave a block to anchor the timbers down while also guaranteeing perfect spacing. Still concerned about settling, we added a good 2' of fill on the lower edge packing it as we went with the hoe. It's set all winter but think I may wait until late in the Summer to pour it? I guess worst case scenario I can just cut it in small sections and re-level anything that settles crooked by lifting and blowing sand under it with the sand blaster?

Big news...... that may cause me to put a bed in the garage err. Once I completed the ceiling I looked around and realized... I'M OUT OF MATERIALS!!!

I found myself in Lowes and bought everything to finish the interior... without approval from the boss haha. Friday everything will be delivered and it's on like Donkey Kong, now if this damn tendonitis in both elbows will let me hang it!!

View attachment 413535 Lack of time has been killing progress but my ceiling will be done tonight. Next will be painting the woodwork and staining-sealing the floor before drywall starts going up.

Here's my latest purchase for the garage, I hate dumping money into a garage stereo but found this on Craiglist for $150. It's a Technics home stereo, 260W speakers and amplifier:thumbsup:. Stopped in at Radioshack and picked up a Bluetooth transmitter so I can stream music from my phone and a Wi-Fi amplifier so hopefully I can now get Pandora with the doors closed.

Did she approve of the speakers? Or was that a hidden cost!

We enjoy the same music my friend!

Did she approve of the speakers? Or was that a hidden cost!

We enjoy the same music my friend!

She did approve but the midnight texts telling me to turn it down makes me think she likely regrets it. Hehe

I've found the happy medium volume so it's all good.

Holy Cow 747Mopar . . . you've been making some progress on the shop since I was up there last . . . that's looking great ! ! !

I like the built in Cubby=holes that you've got to the left . . . neat idea for a bunch of extra storage ! ! ! !

How do you get up to the loft - or has that access not been built yet ? ? ?

Holy Cow 747Mopar . . . you've been making some progress on the shop since I was up there last . . . that's looking great ! ! !

I like the built in Cubby=holes that you've got to the left . . . neat idea for a bunch of extra storage ! ! ! !

How do you get up to the loft - or has that access not been built yet ? ? ?

Thanks Larry, doesn't feel like it but I'm getting there 2 weekend nights at a time haha.
Glad you like the storage space. Always looking for wasted space to turn into something useful.

Been kicking around the loft options. The left is tricky because a Mega Cab uses a lot of the space making stairs iffy. Thinking about Making a permanent steel ladder with handrail height exit rails. The right will get counterweighted stairs.

Drywall hanging fool!!! Friday night I got almost half of it hung but Sat night my girl had other plans, she said it was movie night and wanted to cuddle.... whataya gonna Do? Hit it again Sunday morning then off to some rafting with the kids and then a bit more this afternoon. It's almost done:thumbsup:.

12ft sheets are a lot of fun to hang horizontally by yourself but the 8s and 10 vertically are a breeze.... who needs help anyways... until tomorrow when I start feeling it.:(

Thought about removing the angle braces but think leaving them to be painted a different color might look nice?

20170430_121913.jpg
20170430_121923.jpg
20170430_201441.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. When you have to do work like that by yourself, it makes you appreciate the help you get even more. Been there.

Auto Transport Service
Back