• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanta Be Road Runner

I went to big name auto parts store and only found the darker blue Chrysler paint. so I went to A&M auto parts it a old school part store the had 2 can of Chrysler blue that looked like the color I have been looking for. I painted my valve cover and oil pan with it.

Attachments

• 73 plymouth painted valve covers 11.28.14.jpg
    73 plymouth painted valve covers 11.28.14.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 285
On rear axle Dodge truck 73 - 92 1/2 ton would be a good source of 9-1/4 housing and should fit with just spring purch relocation. Should also have 11" brakes.

On rear axle Dodge truck 73 - 92 1/2 ton would be a good source of 9-1/4 housing and should fit with just spring purch relocation. Should also have 11" brakes.

Is that a full size truck. my rear axel is 63" drum to drum. changing the spring purch would be easy.

I get to pick up my 318 stroker Friday. ordered 2nd oil pan do to the 1st one was discontinued should be in next week. Hopefully I can get it installed before Christmas.

The Harlin Sharp roller rocker I ordered did not work with my Edelbrock 60779 heads. the roller started rolling off the valve stem at half stroke. I ordered a set of roller rocker from Hughes Engines they make a set for the Edelbrock heads I have. should have the part by the end of the week then I can finish building my engine.

I worked on my engine this week end and I'm having issue with the headers on the left side conflicting with the spark plugs. Is this typical with a small block LA engine in a 1973 Satelite or Road Runner. I checked out other manufactures and they all seam to build them about the same in regards to the left side. I'm thinking about reworking the header tube to clear the spark plugs.

Attachments

• 1973 left side exhaust 1 12.21.14.jpg
    1973 left side exhaust 1 12.21.14.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 1973 satelite left engine 390 12.21.14.jpg
    1973 satelite left engine 390 12.21.14.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 1973 satelite top left side exhaust 12.21.14.jpg
    1973 satelite top left side exhaust 12.21.14.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 174
Over the last 6 + months I have had 3 transmissions in my car all have been from TCI.1 A904, and 2 727trannys. I have only drove my car around the block once in the last 6+ months. tranny # 3 is slipping to the point that you can't drive it. As fare as it goes for me I'm done with TCI and the junk they sell. I found a guy through a old friend that is local to get my tranny rebuilt. I'm picking up my car Thursday and bringing it home so I can prep my 8.75 rear end to install it later the month and pull the 727 out to get rebuilt.

Over the last 6 + months I have had 3 transmissions in my car all have been from TCI.1 A904, and 2 727trannys. I have only drove my car around the block once in the last 6+ months. tranny # 3 is slipping to the point that you can't drive it. As fare as it goes for me I'm done with TCI and the junk they sell. I found a guy through a old friend that is local to get my tranny rebuilt. I'm picking up my car Thursday and bringing it home so I can prep my 8.75 rear end to install it later the month and pull the 727 out to get rebuilt.

Damn, I know most mopar guys don't like tci, but that is crazy how bad they had been to you. Have they tried to make it right at least? I'll be sure to stay away from TCI.

We,ve run 11 second cars on nearly stock 904s. Nothing fancy. Manual valve body , deep pan. I don't see why so.many people have Torqueflie trans issues. They're simple to build, cheap, and pretty strong.
Doug

By the way, Im with you, DWilbur - I was / am on a very tight budget and every roadrunner I looked at that was even close to my budget was a rusted hulk that I'd end up with $40k and the better part of a decade long resto into it before I could even dream of driving it. So I found a '69 belvedere 100% complete / runs / drives / stops / zero rust with the things I wanted (big block, mini tub, 4 link, etc) and well under my $10k - $12k budget and just went with that. Sure, I got screwed with the motor (see some of my older threads), and sure, no one grows up dreaming about a '69 belvedere, but I get to drive it as I work on it and it's a very fun and manageable project that only eats the budget I allow it to. But hey, now I get to build the motor my way and bonus, the car 'feels like' the 69 roadrunner I always wanted. Happy Moparing!

It's been a while sense I posted. I final got my transmission issues worked out several months ago. I installed 8-3/4 rear end with 355 gears and locking diff along with disc breaks. I just finished replacing collapsed lifter. Edelbrock replaced it and gaskets under warranty even though it has been more that a year. I installed FI Tech fuel injection and it was pain to get working. burned up steering column wiring because of it. in the end it was programming issue with the cranking RMP's not low enough to create spark. Started recovering my seats my self. After watching couple videos its quite easy. An upholstery shop I went to wanted $2,200.00 I buy the upholstery covers they install them. $5,300.00 custom seat covers. It cost me $1,475.00 for new foam upholstery covers and install kits for both front and back seats including the arm rest. The driver seat I had to weld it up the frame was cracked. I added pic of the spring for the front seats I'm missing 1 if anybody know were I can get one.

73 saqtellite seat bottom 5.28.17.jpg 73 satellite oridjinal seat 5.27.17.jpg 73 satellite recovered seat 5.29.17.jpg 73 satellite seat fram crack 5.28.17.jpg 73 satellite seat spring 5.28.17.jpg 73 swatellite seat frame weld 5.28.17.jpg

Nice find, looks like a great start. Another vote for the slots !

Good to see you went with the 72 seats instead of the 73/74 covers. I did the same thing with my 74 Roadrunner. The 72 covers look much better.

Just a heads up ,the output shaft is different from the 904 to the 727 you will need to find a big yoke setup it's easy to tell the 904 yoke (this is the slide yoke into the trans) has splines all the way to the edge, the 727 has about an inch before splines start . The diameter is different too. As for the length there all the same ! You also will run into a rear yoke issue but you can get a jump joint from a napa to fix this cheaply till you switch the rear !

I finished up putting fluids back in the car and started it up Saturday and Yee haa :thumbsup: it runs, still have some adjusting to do with the timing and fuel injection. no more crazy idle issues. lifter noise gone. Now I can spend time installing kick down lever return spring, hooking up parking break, vacuum pump to get it road worthy.

I have my slots for sale $200.00 or best offer + shipping

15 x7 wheels19.27.15.jpg

73 Satelite front seats right 2017.jpg
73 satelite new front seats 2017.jpg
73 satelitenew  rear seats 2017.jpg
Completed my interior is finished. I replacing all the seat covers and painted the white interior black. very happy with how it turned out.

Auto Transport Service
Back