About this Mopar:
Update. New tires (Cooper Cobras) installed today, the old BFGs are 14 years old and are HARD AS A ROCK. (They suck in wet conditions) The shop had a hard time removing them due to no flexibility of the rubber. Thanks to James and PST for the 2022 Super Bowl contest, the BOGUSBEE will be getting a new set of PST 1.03" torsion bars. I picked up this car in 2019, and it needed a few fixes. I've been driving it while the changes and problems were dealt with. The guy who restored it did a great job, he just missed a few things that should have been done. Finally, the car it is up to my standards after spending $10,000 on it. The car started life a California ordered FF4 (light green metallic) top and bottom, Coronet 500 and a 318 motor, it has 68,543 miles on it now. The car was placed on a rotisserie, stripped down to the bare metal and very little body work was needed. It has all its original panels. The pitchfork hood was added. Then primer, 3 coats of FC7 paint and 4 coats of clear were applied and many, many hours were spent cutting, buffing and polishing the paint, even the underneath and trunk area was done. A white vinyl roof was added and a go wing too. It has a rebuilt 1976 727 transmission (Brother-in-law and I did it) with all the right goodies from A&A, new 2600 stall torque converter from A&A and a new TCI valve body. It has a rebuilt 1968 383 motor that was built to 383HP specs, Street Demon 625 carb, Edelbrock Performer aluminum intake manifold, a 2 1/2 inch TTI exhaust, H pipe with 304 Stainless steel tips and a 489 case with a sure-grip and new 3.91 gears. The Mopar electronic distributor has been recurved using a Sun Distributor machine by a buddy of mine. Front disc brakes, both brake lines from the master cylinder to a new distribution block and back, with an adjustable rear brake valve, ball joints, the larger 11/16 tie rods and solid aluminum sleeves, pitman arm and idler arm were installed. Replaced all 4 shock absorbers. The interior is all original, except the carpet, arm rests, chrome arm rest backings and the package tray. The dash cluster was redone and calibrated, a tach and LED bulbs were added. The 3 speed wiper motor was rebuilt, with NOS rebuild kit. An AM/FM remote control Stereo with a 6 CD player in the trunk and 2-50 watt speakers were installed in the back deck. A set of Sport-Comp Auto Meter mechanical (oil, volts and water temp) gauges. I installed Dynamat to help with heat and road noise, it was money well spent. It is just missing the 383 Magnum fender scripts and the Bee dash. Just back from a tour in the County, time for a cleaning now and then some wax.