• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘64 Sport Fury Complete

Sweeeeet! Nate! Is that Bermuda Turquoise interior????

Sweeeeet! Nate! Is that Bermuda Turquoise interior????
It’s actually the original P4B blue but the dash pad, steering wheel and console have faded to look close to the turquoise.

Hey, it could be worse! Ha!

The 64 Plymouth, one of the best looking cars ever built. Great job, you should be proud. Engine pics?

A couple other shots upon request. Pretty stockish standard engine compartment and interior, 85000 miles of decent care. Note the factory original floor mats, on the build sheet too. I left that under the rear seat for safe keeping. A snapshot of the floors after paint, no rust, no repairs, easier that way. Still has the factory rug.
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_5464.JPG
IMG_5442.JPG

Very nice. Where did you source your booster/master cylinder assembly?

Very nice. Where did you source your booster/master cylinder assembly?
I did a disc conversion and got it from Leeds. Actual wheel hardware is ‘67 mustang so it looks about right with 4 piston calipers. Stops so much better than the drums.

I’ve got the mid 70s A body front disc setup for my Savoy, don’t have a master cylinder yet. I’ve been contemplating a power unit. Thanks.

I’ve got the mid 70s A body front disc setup for my Savoy, don’t have a master cylinder yet. I’ve been contemplating a power unit. Thanks.
If I were going to do it again I'd use an original '64 booster and mopar MC. I even bought the booster but at the moment am holding on further work.

I always looked at FoMoCo and thought it would be funny as MoFoCo. Then I was doing some research for my wife’s VW Beetle resto and what do I find? Mofoco, they make heads.

Looks fantastic Nate!! Now get out there and wear the tread off them tires!! ENJOY!!

Nate, you've done yourself proud and for a garage paint job..."Gorgeous"
You give me hope that my 64 Dodge 440 -EE1- will turn out half as good as yours.
Great job.

Nate S...What are the casting numbers and date on your block?
Also what are letters and numbers are stamped on the front engine pad by the distributor?
Let me know.

Nate S...What are the casting numbers and date on your block?
Also what are letters and numbers are stamped on the front engine pad by the distributor?
Let me know.

My car originally was a 361 car. Build date (fender tag) was 4/1/64. Had V36 3 30 on the 361 pad, cast 9/11/63. Wanting a bit more, but having a sensibility for "originalish" stuff I looked for a 426W engine. Not much to be found and the reality was that pistons are unobtanium. I instead decided to find a 413 in one of the crossover casting numbers, in this case 2205697, date was 11-11-63 and build was 12-11-63 so it fell nicely in the "plausible" range. It therefore has V41 12 11 HP. Bored it .030, could have gone to 426 but I'd rather have wall thickness than 6 cubes.

I really like your car and 413 or 426S wedge motor, doesn't matter. It is still gorgeous. Enjoy...

Auto Transport Service
Back