• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘68 Sport Satellite leaf springs

68Satellite440

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Evening fellas,
I’ll try to keep my question here cut and dry as possible.
Im replacing the factory wore out rusted leaf springs and looking for first hand recommendations of brands or kits with everything included or help with a parts list.
Im wanting to stay with level ride height or lower, im not a fan of the high rear end look. Id like to stay low and keep all the handling as possible.

The car will only see the strip maybe once or twice in its life. Most of the driving will be around town, and red light fun on the weekends.
Ive been told the factory replacements are probably too soft for my wants and would have major traction issues.
Some more “old school” advice i received from a “back in the day” hot-rodder was recommended to move most of the rear leaf clamps to the front to allow them to flex and open to “load up” on take off. That in combination with pinion snubber was supposed to be a big help. Only limiting factor should be street tires breaking loose but that’s entirely understandable.

Thanks for the help! -Patrick

Evening fellas,
I’ll try to keep my question here cut and dry as possible.
Im replacing the factory wore out rusted leaf springs and looking for first hand recommendations of brands or kits with everything included or help with a parts list.
Im wanting to stay with level ride height or lower, im not a fan of the high rear end look. Id like to stay low and keep all the handling as possible.

The car will only see the strip maybe once or twice in its life. Most of the driving will be around town, and red light fun on the weekends.
Ive been told the factory replacements are probably too soft for my wants and would have major traction issues.
Some more “old school” advice i received from a “back in the day” hot-rodder was recommended to move most of the rear leaf clamps to the front to allow them to flex and open to “load up” on take off. That in combination with pinion snubber was supposed to be a big help. Only limiting factor should be street tires breaking loose but that’s entirely understandable.

Thanks for the help! -Patrick

When I need springs, I just call ESPO Springs n Things. You'll get a nice lady answering the phone and she knows her stuff. I'm sure if you want a stiffer spring setup, they'd know what works. They can also add or take away the arch to give you the ride height you desire.

I've bought 2 sets from them for each of my personal cars and they were perfect. The last set with all the hardware was about $450 and took less than a month to get.

I would not worry about setting your car up for the track if it will hardly ever be there. You don't want to sacrifice drivability on the street for 1/10th of a second the 2 times it goes to the track. You'd probably be better off setting the car up for the street and then having a couple slicks for the track day but honestly idk squat about racing, just trying to help.

Last edited:
I agree with Magnes, you will be very happy with EPSO springs. They were real good on the street and did just fine at the strip.

Auto Transport Service
Back