• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘69 RR Window Weatherstripping

Conner Deppe

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
412776CB-1921-4337-B5CC-748244EAE1F2.png
Could someone please point me in the direction of where I could find this weatherstripping? It sticks in the glide of the window and overlaps the rear quarter class when the door is closed. Thank you in advance.

I think I got mine from Classic Industries.

We offer the customer either the Metro brand or Soff Seal brand of quarter glass seals for the 68 to 70 B-Body applications. Personally, for that application, I feel that the Soff Seal quarter glass seal is more correct in fit and finish and it comes flocked as well as they should be for your application.

@Conner Deppe, good to see someone from North Georgia on the site, I am just a little Northwest of you in Jasper.

Everything I've bought from Detroit Muscle Technologies has been dead-on accurate.
I'm not sure where Classic is buying their seals, but they might be fine; most of their stuff is.
They're pretty general though, handling a lot of stuff; nobody there I've talked to there really knows Mopars.
Another good company for seals & etc is restorationspecialties.com, they know their stuff.

I had asked in an earlier post but didn’t get too much of an answer. i Have a 69 RR and was told this weatherstripping could be replaced with the window left in the car. Any tricks to getting access all the way down to the end of this weatherstripping with the window left in the car? Pulling the old weatherstrip off shouldn’t be a problem but wondering how to install the new weatherstripping with the window in place. Trying to avoid taking door panels off if it doesn’t give any access to this lower window area. May be a dumb question, but do the metal weatherstrip channels slide off the window where this weatherstrip can be replaced with the metal channels off the car? That would seem to be the most logical but not sure if the metal channels just slide off the window and how easy they would be to get back on With the window left in place in the car.

Just trying to figure out the easiest way of replacing these weatherstrips without tearing too much apart.

thanks for any assistance

The stainless channels are bonded to the glass. The door trim panels allow only minimal access because the upper door frame and lock mechanism make it very tight.
Probably best to remove rear jamb seal, pull the old seal, make sure the channel is clean, lube the new seal & channel (silicone works), and push/slide it in.
I've only done them with the glass out.

The stainless channels are bonded to the glass. The door trim panels allow only minimal access because the upper door frame and lock mechanism make it very tight.
Probably best to remove rear jamb seal, pull the old seal, make sure the channel is clean, lube the new seal & channel (silicone works), and push/slide it in.
I've only done them with the glass out.
So they don’t need to be glued in?
thanks!

Shouldn't need glue, pretty tight fit.
You could add a dab if wanted/needed, after it's fed into the lower part of the channel.

We offer the customer either the Metro brand or Soff Seal brand of quarter glass seals for the 68 to 70 B-Body applications. Personally, for that application, I feel that the Soff Seal quarter glass seal is more correct in fit and finish and it comes flocked as well as they should be for your application.

@Conner Deppe, good to see someone from North Georgia on the site, I am just a little Northwest of you in Jasper.
I appreciate the information, I’m always happy to meet Mopar fans in north GA as well. There’s plenty of car shows around us so maybe we’ll meet up at some point.

The weather strip is supposed to be slid into the channel from the top, but I found that damn near impossible to do. I used a screwdriver blade to tuck the weatherstrip lips into the channel. Worked well and was a lot easier than I though it would be.

P.S.
The weatherstrip was longer than needed and had to be trimmed after installed. No big deal there.

Auto Transport Service
Back