• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11" front drums worth any more than scrap

BeastlyBirdie

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Well, like the headline says, I have a set of drums, backing plates, etc, 11x look like 3. Off my 69 runner, seem like would be too expensive to ship. Thanks for your thoughts.

they are way more expensive than rear drums.....people need them every now and then...I'll be taking mine off for a disc conversion but will store the drums for re-sale at a later date

That's all I was wondering. Guess I'll boil them and store them. Along with 3 RR hoods, doors, shifters, arrrggghh, lol.

Somebody will want them. I've sold a few off conversions I've done. I've shipped the whole shebang before, the shipping was more than the cost, but hey, it helped somebody with their project.

I run my stock drums on my road runner. If you have the room, then by all means save'm. Take them to a show if you want to sell, shipping would be killer. Three hoods.....where were you when I was looking for one!:grin:

I gave mine away at a show. Too heavy to ship.

If you can store them away for when maybe sometime down the road either you or the next owner will want to bring the car back to it's original state...........

I'm in the part by I-81, eastern...as for the room, not a problem, probably get a space at fall Carlisle anyway. Bringing the car back, lol, nice thought, but just not going to happen. Original engine, gone. Fender tag? Yeah right. Build sheet, nope. Only thing I can tell is it was a drag car, had a v-gate at one point, as the tunnel is cut for one. So, I have a 440, a six pack, a v-gate....putting sub frame connectors in, stitch welded seams, aftermarket dash, custom interior, wiring, etc.
I got the car with most of the sheet metal in boxes, 3 hoods, 4 doors, 2 engines, 3 sets of 906 heads....and halfway into the build, the wife gets the hots for a 70 coronet...lol.

I'd run them. I have the 11 x 3 on my 66 Bel and 66 hemi and they stop fine.

I ended up with a set of 11.75 rotors and all the needed parts for a month of guitar lessons, so...

I'd run them. I have the 11 x 3 on my 66 Bel and 66 hemi and they stop fine.

For now Meep Meep may be. But down the road when you start feeling brake fad and that panic stop you just did almost caused you to make contact, then I would venture to say that maybe you will then be interested in disc brakes. Not here to bust you buttons my friend but I really do have a very difficult time understanding those such as yourself that continue to drive such a nice ride as you have and rely on antiquated and out dated braking and their parts. Nothing to adding disc brakes either as their are tons of realistic set ups that won't be all that expensive to upgrade to. Like I said...nothing personal but those brakes you are running with your Hemi one day are gonna bite you in the BooBoo...cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back