• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1669 Charger 440 intake manifold hood clearance Trick Flow?

Rikker

Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 Charger and currently building a 440 with 270 Trick Flow Heads. I am thinking of putting on the Trick Flow Intake Manifold, Track Heat, Aluminum, Single Plane, High Rise, Square Bore. My question is I would like to confirm there will be no issues with the stock hood clearance using the manifold. I am also using a 750 carb. I would measure myself, but my charger is currently in the body shop getting metal fabrication done. My engine builder is asking what the China Wall clearance is to the top of the fenders? I'm hoping there is no issues. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Resized_20220930_163835.JPEG

I think you  will have issues. You could start by milling as much as possible off the carb flange. Then proceed to jack up the unibody from the k frame. If you can gain 1/2" in both directions... well theres an extra inch.

the 750 carb on a 270 head 440 is a unique combination.

I think you  will have issues. You could start by milling as much as possible off the carb flange. Then proceed to jack up the unibody from the k frame. If you can gain 1/2" in both directions... well theres an extra inch.

the 750 carb on a 270 head 440 is a unique combination.
Thank you. Is there any other single bore manifold you would suggest that would fit the set up with the Trick Flow 270 heads that would have the clearance without sacrificing horsepower?

With the maxwedge ports... you are limited.
The lowest one I can think of is the indy dual plane.
See if the 2nd gen aficionados will chime in..

Copy thank you. Hoping someone has good news and has had this issue.

Mopar 337 Intake

Thank you. I did a quick look for Mopar Performance M1 337 intake. #P4876337. It appears to not be very common. LOL If anyone out there has one we can talk price. I know time is money will also pay a finder fee $100.
I'm hoping there are still other options out there as well if anyone else has advice.

Auto Transport Service
Back