• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Belvedere 413 2x4 max wedge project

There were some TV shows in the late 50's I remember as a knee-high that featured the finned mopars a lot. While recovering from surgery over the winter, had not much to do but sit. Watched a ton of those shows mostly to see those old mopars. Highway Patrol was fun, to see them and other models from the era. Most of the show was filmed on the road and remembrances of what things looked like back then, diners, gas stations, etc. and a few well-known actors just getting their start. Other shows included Richard Diamond, Peter Gunn, Sky King, lol. Drove my wife nuts watching them, couldn't wait until I was able to go back in the garage.

Yeah, Chrysler was sponsoring lots of TV shows back then. Better than TV show today.
Enjoyed the Adam-12 shows. Leave it to Beaver too.

The 1986 - 1988 TV Show "Crime Story" starring Dennis Farina was set in early 60's Chicago and Vegas and featured awesome cars. Great show too!

I love your '61 Plymouth. Please keep posting progress!

you have my vote for build it and keep the pics coming….

Haven’t done much on it lately
Been raining nonstop here.
Lots of parts collecting!
I just picked up this 61 imperial parts car with date correct 61 413

IMG_7723.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

In order to fastrack this project I’m going to (borrow) some of the best of parts from these other 61s!
Some are parts cars,others are future projects.

IMG_8749.jpeg

IMG_8750.jpeg

IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8751.jpeg

IMG_8748.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8747.jpeg

IMG_8746.jpeg

My 61 Plymouth collection on rocket restorations YT channel
episode. Special thanks to the crew at rocket restorations.
I have gotten many quality parts and cars through them.

This is a very cool car. I'm glad that you rescued it from a horrible fate. It's gonna turn heads.
I believe a version of this type of car is featured well in the book: "We Were The Ramchargers"

Keep it alive and going.

This is a very cool car. I'm glad that you rescued it from a horrible fate. It's gonna turn heads.
I believe a version of this type of car is featured well in the book: "We Were The Ramchargers"

Keep it alive and going.
1961 Dodge Pioneer. Not quite as ugly, ....but, just.

61 dodges!!! Another masterpiece from Exner
The whole 1961 Chrysler line up….. Rocket ship space race styling………..

Probably not the best sales year for Chrysler?
Epic year to me.
1961 Dodge Pioneer. Not quite as ugly, ....but, just.

IMG_9215.jpeg

IMG_9222.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9216.jpeg

IMG_9223.jpeg

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9220.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9221.jpeg

IMG_9225.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back