• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Fury Fender Tag

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the "3" under the "L" position and the "1" under the "T" position indicates on this fender tag?
I believe I have figured out the all other entries. Thanks for any help!

1962-plymouth-max wedge feder tag.jpg

According to my info, L3 is backup lights and T1 is left side manual adjust mirror.
Thanks. The car does have the backup lights, but it does not have any side mirrors. However, I have some old pictures of the car from back in the day, and no mirrors were shown in the photos.

If Hamtramck built "T" would be Vehicle Sales and Delivery.

"1" being code 651 = Factory New Car Service - With Gas

You really need to know what plant these early cars were manufactured. Fourth digit in the vin.

My info could be wrong of course, but I have seen several cars that I know the history of, that have a discrepancy between the data plate and or the broadcast sheet.

That's a cool car. Looks like the 11:1 c/r 413

I don't have any info on the "T" position for Lynch Rd.
You're correct about the engine. It's just a guess on my part, but I was thinking T-1 might indicate "radio w/fender-mounted antenna" since that is the only option on the car that is unaccounted for thus far.

You're correct about the engine. It's just a guess on my part, but I was thinking T-1 might indicate "radio w/fender-mounted antenna" since that is the only option on the car that is unaccounted for thus far.

There is a sales code for 1962 - 1964 for a AM Music Master / Economy code 361

Auto Transport Service
Back