• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Plymouth Fury, steering coupler seal ?

rustytoolss

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
I need a new steering coupler seal and retainer. Are the all the same 1962..and up ? ........... or are the 62-65 different than .... other B bodies ?

I just rebuilt my '64 Dodge coupler a few days ago. I had a kit here with the orange coloured seal. I found that the only things usable for the early coupler were the two shoes. The early coupler is a different shape than the later one, which is what the repro kit is meant to.service. Even the shoe spring clip is a different design, and will not fit the early coupler. The seal and retainer are a different shape.I was lucky enough to have another early coupler that still.had a pretty good seal and retainer that I was able to reuse on my rebuild.

I just rebuilt my '64 Dodge coupler a few days ago. I had a kit here with the orange coloured seal. I found that the only things usable for the early coupler were the two shoes. The early coupler is a different shape than the later one, which is what the repro kit is meant to.service. Even the shoe spring clip is a different design, and will not fit the early coupler. The seal and retainer are a different shape.I was lucky enough to have another early coupler that still.had a pretty good seal and retainer that I was able to reuse on my rebuild.

I covered all of this in the link I posted. And links within the link.

Auto Transport Service
Back