• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1962 Savoy Pro Street For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since I bumped this. Car is still for sale and open to reasonable offers. I changed rockers over the winter from 1.6 ratio to 1.5 ratio - still T&Ds. Just wanted to tone it down a bit. Also replaced the Flowmaster mufflers with Dynomax Ultraflows and added an H pipe. I would really like to move this car to make room for something else. I will have it at the upcoming Mopar only events here in NC.

I guess it's been a year since I put this ad up - and still have the car, and it is still for sale. The car cleaned the NC Mopar shows again in 2012 taking 1st in B Body Modified at both Rockingham and Farmington events. Made a few more improvements to it - and have LOWERED the asking price to $25,000!!!
Here are a few more recent photos...
SDC11943.jpg

SDC11942.jpg

SDC11934.jpg

Man what a cruiser, I've admired your car since the first time I Saw it in pictures.
You've done an amazing job on it and I'm sure it'll make someone happy.

Good luck with a sale!

Thanks rrowdy.. For someone looking to get into a car like this it can't be beat... I just want to move on to another build of something more "tame"... For someone who knows motors and components, one look at the build sheet for this motor will show that there is an easy $20K+ just in the motor, tranny and rear end. This is a real deal for the right person..

I ended up with a 65 Cobra reproduction, which I like very much. Would also have liked your car, but was a little pricey for me at the time. Your 62 is a super nice car and it is obvious that a lot of work & $ has gone into it. Times are still tough and I guess people like it like that because they returned this butt-munch back to office. Oh, well. A lot of young men who might otherwise like this car have been brainwashed to the point that they regard your 62 as a contributor to "global warming". These are just really strange days.

Young men have no idea what my Cobra is, they ask if it is a Mazda Miata. If I had to sell my Cobra, I probably could not get what I paid for it, if I got an offer at all. I don't intend to sell it, though.

Best of luck in selling it, I think a lot of people admire it.

Best of luck in selling it, I think a lot of people admire it.

It seems to get a lot of the admiration, online and whereever i take it. Unfortunately not to the point of buying it though :) . Heck I'm surprised that someone who is building a hot car to race doesn't buy to just to take the drivetrain and wheels off of it for their car..... It would save them money over buying a comperable drivetrain outright and there is still a car to part out afterwards.

That is one BAD *** 4 Door ....perfect, the videos were great and the car looks perfect...I think the only downside is the 4 door....certainly could not build it for what your asking...

Good luck with it

Thanks guys. no, you definitely couldn't build it for what i am seeling it for. That's why I was saying I was surprised that someone hasn't bought it just for the drivetrain. A motor like this with a TurboAction manual valve Torqflite with a 509J converter and Cheatah shifter and a Dana 60 with Strange axles and brakes is worth $25K.

To some extent this is true but there are people buying cars, and capitalizing on the deals that are out there. Shoot, I can't even get a bite on my 08' R/T and newer used cars are "supposed" to be in high demand...

OK, not getting anywhere selling cars here lately and my two Mopars need to go. Hows about I drop to $24000 on this Savoy, and interest there? If you're buiding another car and don't like this one the motor, transmission and rear end alone are worth the money..

I gave up trying to sell this back in the spring but just had some recent interest and thought I'd try bumping the listing again. The car is still for sale.

Any filler in the body and is that interior cloth.
Thanks

Stumper, Good luck with your sale, it's a very cool car, nice engine/trans/rear combo's & interior too... I had to take a double take when I saw the 4 drs, really looks like a sedan/post car, except for the 2 extra back doors... I'll bet you get allot of attention @ shows... I'm not in the market thou, I always am looking just in case... again good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Been awhile since I bumped this. Car is still for sale and open to reasonable offers. I changed rockers over the winter from 1.6 ratio to 1.5 ratio - still T&Ds. Just wanted to tone it down a bit. Also replaced the Flowmaster mufflers with Dynomax Ultraflows and added an H pipe. I would really like to move this car to make room for something else. I will have it at the upcoming Mopar only events here in NC.

What are you in the market/looking for ??, maybe someone here has something you want... maybe a trade or something, just spit-balling here...

Think I have it sold. I'm awaiting certified funds to come in. The new owner is getting one hell of a deal on this machine and it's only costing me a $15K loss.......

glad you were able to sell, too bad about the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back