• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 - 1964 Sheetmetal Interchange

66/440

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Does any one know if '64 Plymouth front sheetmetal will fit a '63 Plymouth?
Looking at a '63 Wagon that needs a front clip. I have access to a '64 fury front clip.
Will the body lines align on the doors? Do I need the front core support to make it work?
If any one has done this swap I would appreciate any photos you might have.

Last edited:
Yes, it will. A friend of mine races a 1963 Plymouth Belvedere with a 1965 Belvedere front clip on it, and 1965 tail lights. He passes it off as a 1965. He did this so he could run a Hemi in Nastalgic drag racing. Hemi was not available in 1963. The '63 Hardtop roofline resembles '65 2-door sedan roofline. The real give-away is the difference in windshield between 1963 and 1964. The cowl sweeps up to meet the shorter 1963 windshied. The 1964 cowl is flat and the windshield is taller. All body lines meet the next panel, as they should. You can even bolt Dodge front end to a Plymouth, and vice-versa, because door is common to both. This holds for 1963,1964, and 1965 B-bodies. The front rad core support is the same between these as well. Chrysler made this real easy.

PA240114.JPG

PA240112.JPG

My dad was on the B body styling team during 63-64. They made deal with engineering to change the cowl, windshield, and roof. The stipulation? The fenders, hood and doors had to fit the 63 outer cowl shape. This was so the firewall, inner fender, A pillar, B pillar parts could remain.
Doug

And if u want to take it 1 step further this is what a 1964 dash in my 63 looks like, cutting and welding was required where as the contour of the windshield/cowl as said is differant but not impossible to do. and the front bumper mounts r a differant lenght so u will have to fabricate the brackets.....otherwise its all bolt on..

DSCN3516.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back