• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Dash in 1962

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Another question on the 1962 Fury. Would any of the late year production cars be equipped with a 1963 dash. Canadian or US made?

I think the dash frame itself is the same 62-63. The instrument pod MAY be different. And obviously the dash instrumentation is different. Just my opinion.

The 62 and 63 dashes are laid out differently for sure but I have read that they are the same shape and size and are interchangeable. The 62 Fury I just bought has a 63 dash in it and I was wondering if anyone had heard or seen late years cars come with a 63 dash in them from the factory.?

I have heard that the Canadian cars did that. The Dodge dash panel was entirely different shape in 62 so must have been built from ground up to accommodate it. The 62-63 Plymouth panels were the same shape and interchangeable. My Fury has a 63/dash in it. I haven’t dated my car yet to see when it was made in 62 (it was a made at the LA plant) but wondering if it could be original.

Auto Transport Service
Back