• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Dodge post.

k-ams

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I bough a 63 dodge 2 door body and have been collecting parts for year or so. I really can't decide weather to build a street gasser style car or a max wedge style car.

If a max wedge car it getting steel wheels. Gasser old school style.

Any pics would be great.

Personally I like the vintage Superstock look.

5 spoke Americans on the front and steelies with pie cut slicks on the back!

Mine is the 63 Plymouth and not a Dodge but I went with the Max Wedge 60's Superstock look because its what I love. The gasser look is also cool but I have always loved the Max Wedge look as I wanted the Superstock look but wanted to keep it a street car I can drive anywhere. But you have to go with what you love the most and of course decide if you want to make it a street car or race only car. Good luck with it which ever way you go and of course you know everyone here will help all they can. Ron

DSC_4859.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

100_1101.jpg

Whether it is Gasser or Max Wedge any drag look is cool.
DSCF0046.jpgFront shiny.JPGSide 3 shiny.jpgSide Shiny.jpgI always liked the drag look.

The only way it would not be right is if you had a chevy or a ford or worse... a rice burner!

My vote is SuperStock Max Wedge style - but then again, I'm a bit biased.

Air.jpg

What is the intended use ? Gasser style may look cool but not to fun to drive on the street,compared to a stock suspension. I had the same thoughts and stuck with stock because of it being a street car. My 2 cents.

Gotta go with the max wedge. Gassers are meant to be tri 5 chevys and Willys. Mopars ruled stock/super stock classes.

What size/brand cheater slicks and what width rim would fit under a stock 62 Savoy?

What size/brand cheater slicks and what width rim would fit under a stock 62 Savoy?

you can ONLY put 10.5 inch wide tires into those wheel wells,unless you modify them. Radir has very nice repo pie crust slicks made by Mickey Thompsons

Personally I like the vintage Superstock look.

5 spoke Americans on the front and steelies with pie cut slicks on the back!

Hey, do you have any updated pictures of your car? I'm a big fan of your 63 dodge 330. :spam in acid:

Soon.

Making the paint selection now.

Getting ready to blow it apart to make it glossy..

Auto Transport Service
Back