• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Fury aluminum radiator install-Auto City Classic

You
I'm no expert on Max Wedges, but looking at Rock Auto, if you pull up your year, any Fury/Belvedere/Savoy etc, if it's a small block, it gets a 1.5/1.5 hose, big blocks 383/413/426 get a 1.5/1.75 hose. So either the rad is different, or the water pump housing. My money is on the housing.
You're not listening. The hose is listed on their spec sheet as 1.75/1.75 but I got it from rockauto today and it is 1.75/1.5 it's the Continental 60313 but it's not as listed. Big block radiator lower is 1.75 as it should be.
However it's a simple L shape I'm going to look at other cars that should have the 1.75 dimensions Big block Corvettes should be an L and the large ends.

You

You're not listening. The hose is listed on their spec sheet as 1.75/1.75 but I got it from rockauto today and it is 1.75/1.5 it's the Continental 60313 but it's not as listed. Big block radiator lower is 1.75 as it should be.
However it's a simple L shape I'm going to look at other cars that should have the 1.75 dimensions Big block Corvettes should be an L and the large ends.

:thumbsup: Good luck.

Looks
:thumbsup: Good luck.
I need some.
However I found a Chevy passenger car with 427 and it is listed as 1.75/1.75 and is an L just a few inches longer. I may get it but on the other hand the 1.5" that they sent me can be stretched to fit the bigger 1.75 radiator pipe. It's just frustrating that they don't send whats listed on the spec sheet. I've gotten two the same now and I'm thinking they might not even make one with the 1.75/1.75 for Mopar

Sitting here wondering if I should bother to order the BB Chevy hose that looks like it will fit. Wondering if putting the hose with the smaller 1.5" end makes any substantial difference. On one hand I'm thinking it couldn't be much of a difference but then again it was designed to use 1.75 not 1.5, is it worth it?

The one you posted has an extra bend/curve in it. The 63 hose is a 90 degree L shape. I found one very much like it for a 1970 Chevy 454. I'll have it tomorrow morning. I looked thru other years of Mopars but they all have extra bends in them.
Looking at photos of a 426MW, the lower hose connects like a 440 on the drivers side, I'd try a lower hose for a 440, it will likely work from

Lots of clearance for oil filter. Snakes right up under the PS pump.

IMG_2134 Large.jpeg
IMG_2135 Large.jpeg

On my 63 Fury with a 440, my lower hose is a Gates 20957, $10.20 from Amazon. 18"long, 90* bend and 1.75" both ends. Works fine. I think I had to cut off .5" for my application.

On my 63 Fury with a 440, my lower hose is a Gates 20957, $10.20 from Amazon. 18"long, 90* bend and 1.75" both ends. Works fine. I think I had to cut off .5" for my application.
That's the one I ordered today. I found it as a 1970 Chevy hose. It's listed for many different cars but not for a 63 Plymouth

Yeh, I went through all the hoses hanging on the wall in the back room of an O'Reilly's. Found the top hose that way as well...

Just to add to this, I knew immediately the brackets were wrong just looking at it but spacers are easy to make, the too tall water neck is an impossible fix.
If you look at their picture you can tell the water neck looks too tall 1962 1963 1964 Dodge Plymouth 330 440 Lancer Polara 22" Aluminum Radiator | eBay
Otherwise the radiator looks very good as far as tubes/welding etc
That neck is way too high. Here is my original 62 radiator, fill neck tucked in nicely.
20230121_181226.jpg

I will say my ACC 26" 1969 radiator is spot on and fit great in my GTX.

20226 & 20558
I had to trim the upper hose, do not recall on the bottom.

20220629_135834.jpg

20220629_143916.jpg

Hi Don, where is Rock Auto located?

@GrampsPolara I see you are north of the border like me.

Their head office is in Wisconsin. They ship from multiple warehouses around the USA. They seem to have fair pricing, and the shipping to Canada is as bad as anyone else, but it's normally FedEx, fast, and includes any duties and crap.

Just as an update. The 3 row copper/brass from US radiator is perfect as far as cooling.

Auto Transport Service
Back