• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Plymouth fury 4 door max wedge

dwaddell

Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
We have a 1963 Plymouth fury 4 door. The fender plate indicates it is a max wedge car. The brake lines are ran as such and the hood supports are cut. The fender plate has 92 below the AB. We’ve been told it is 1 of 2 produced. Anyone have any other information on this. Thanks

Pictures

1C41EA4B-C5D0-4C20-BBF4-586020DCCB6F.jpeg

A5B71D76-8A67-4393-A69B-EE41BBECA8AF.jpeg

Man that's a great find! Somebody with the Darrell Davis book could probably tell you how many were built.

Yep appears to be early built car if it's the one I think it is ship date Jan 25 sold out of Atlanta region & low comp. Great car & great find

Last edited:
What a rare find. Your build tag indicates it had a scheduled production date of January 11th, 1963. It’s not a real early build date but it’s not a stage-ll either. If you will send me your VIN number to [email protected] I will confirm the car is in fact a real max wedge car. I suspect it probably is a low compression car but need the VIN to confirm that. The 9 under the A confirms it is a max wedge but that 9 alone will not confirm the original compression ratio as both compression ratios end with a 9.

What a rare find. Your build tag indicates it had a scheduled production date of January 11th, 1963. It’s not a real early build date but it’s not a stage-ll either. If you will send me your VIN number to [email protected] I will confirm the car is in fact a real max wedge car. I suspect it probably is a low compression car but need the VIN to confirm that. The 9 under the A confirms it is a max wedge but that 9 alone will not confirm the original compression ratio as both compression ratios end with a 9.
The Master has spoken!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We have a 1963 Plymouth fury 4 door. The fender plate indicates it is a max wedge car. The brake lines are ran as such and the hood supports are cut. The fender plate has 92 below the AB. We’ve been told it is 1 of 2 produced. Anyone have any other information on this. Thanks
Very cool find. I remember seeing a four door max wedge years ago, but can't recall where. Bring her back to life.

The wiring and hardware are Great reference layout, for those of us trying to duplicate it, Thanks !
Does anyone know if they did relocate the washer bottle hanger where pictured, from the Factory ?
That's what I was thinking about the washer bottle, but I'm more of a 64 guy.
Interesting

Thank you all for all the help. It has been confirmed to be a low compression max wedge 4 door. The car was sold in Alabama from what we know. It appears it is 1 of 2 with the other one being a high compression. We’re still trying to figure out what we’re going to do with it. I’ll keep y’all updated. We have almost everything to put it back to original.

Thank you all for all the help. It has been confirmed to be a low compression max wedge 4 door. The car was sold in Alabama from what we know. It appears it is 1 of 2 with the other one being a high compression. We’re still trying to figure out what we’re going to do with it. I’ll keep y’all updated. We have almost everything to put it back to original.
You have the original (born with) engine?

1 of 2 Fury's? Seems like there was a white 63 Plymouth max wedge 4 door in MCG? years ago that was saved from a junkyard minus engine but I can't remember what trim level it was.

1 of 2 Fury's? Seems like there was a white 63 Plymouth max wedge 4 door in MCG? years ago that was saved from a junkyard minus engine but I can't remember what trim level it was.
Fury, and it was mine and not out of a junk yard and it was tan. Trunk mounted Battery in mine.

I visited the original owner (Ishmeal Dew) (Barnwell SC or NC) of the 63 Fury after I bought it from a broker (Chip Gerst).
I did a total resto on it and one best of show at Englishtown in 91 or 92. I still have the jacket they gave for the win. I also won the next year with my A12 RR still have the jacket also.
MCG came to my house and did an extensive 6 or so page article on it. I'll get the mag out and post it.
It was featured at Carlisle in 1992 in the main building.
Ish gave me the window sticker, BOS and several trophies he won locally.
I'll put together a story of how I acquired it.
stay tuned.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back