• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 PLYMOUTH FURY 426 CARS

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm by no means a Mopar expert, not close. I keep finding conflicting info on the web. Did 1963 426 2x4 cross ram type cars come without hood scoops and only the high compression came with scoops?

sounds right, but I am not a '63 expert either, though probably have some factory data info packed away somewhere that would show

I'm by no means a Mopar expert, not close. I keep finding conflicting info on the web. Did 1963 426 2x4 cross ram type cars come without hood scoops and only the high compression came with scoops?
That's the way I understand it..... but I sure have no proof either way. Scoops, aluminum fenders and 12.5 to one. No scoop, steel fenders, and 11 to one.

My 63 is a low compression motor, aluminum front with aluminum scoop. NHRA lists mine with that combination. Seeing as NHRA lists the low and high compression motors at the same horsepower I am sure scoops make no difference as long as an aluminum front is used. Like mentioned above steel, no scoop. Just my guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back