• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Plymouth Savoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, but I'm in need/want of cash.

I am told that aviation gasoline is 114 octane and will burn OK in cars like this plymouth. Anyone have any input on that. If so, I could go to the airport and pick up a couple of 5 gallon cans of fuel and add that to the pump 93 and maybe exist on it. Will that work?? I just talked to a guy up near Lake Erie with a nice 62 plymouth and he can get 110 at the pumps just down the street. Not so in WV.

I just don't know, I wish I were more knowledgeable about cars and engines. I have done a lot of things in my life and just never had the time to be a mechanic.

I use to drive my Chevelle right out on the runway and get airplane fuel(when I was 17 lol). It burns real hot so you should mix it half and half and that should be fine for it. I ran it straight once and the engine got hot but in a weird way so I just added a half tank of regular. It wasn`t a high compression engine though. Use airplane gas, It`s fun and has a neat smell. I think with high compression just get 10 gallons of airplane fuel straight.

Good idea.
Hey, if you need it delivered to WV, I can do that for costs.

Yes you can use Aircraft Gas, but make sure to use the Gas for pistonengines it is called avgas 100ll. Never use kerosin. Avgas is high leaded and not harmful to your engine and you do not have to Mix it with other Gas. Never use it in cars with a catalytic converter.

I put 4 gallons of 110 in it today and took her out for a stroll.
What a hunk of junk ;) :) :)

Call me tomorrow afternoon sometime. I may be willing to consider it. Maybe. But I need cash for another deal. I'm running out of time, and it sucks.

$12,500 as a roller

(means I keep the motor & trans)

Just try building this car for $12,500 ';)

It was first posted at $18,000

Yes, for the immediate time-being. $16,000 right this very minute will buy it.

However, if I still have it in the next two weeks or so, the price is going back up to $18,000 or more.
I am trying to buy a couple of the cars from the estate that I'm liquidating. So, I need a bunch of cash. But one by one they are being sold off, and if the ones I want are gone, I won't have a reason / need to sell my car for a loss at $16K.

In short: If someone here is seriously interested, BUY NOW.

I have actually seen and ridden in this car and it is really a monster. I like the car and probably would have bought it last year, except for the fact that this thing needs 110 octane on top of the 93 to get started. I just don't have any 110 pumps within a hundred miles of me. The aluminum heads help, but somebody needs to tear the engine down, put some 10:1 pistons in it and try again.

I could live with using the fuel additives to raise the octane, but I have been told over and over that those things just don't work.

And, yes, $18K is steep in this market. Almost nothing is selling right now. $15K would probably move it and that's not giving it away. This car is not going to go up in value, most cars in this era are not. That's just the way things are, 18-25 year old boys (the low pants crowd) want a Civic with an Acura engine and most have absolutely no idea what a max wedge is. I'm 63 years old and I don't care if it goes up in value or not, I just want to roar down the road and offend and scare hell out of people, like I wanted to do 45 years ago.

It is a nice car, I actually like the color, I like the way it sits and it sounds great. It looks and sounds very much like the old Dabb's Motor Company Super Stock that used to run at the drag strip near Clarksville, TN, back in 1963 when I was 16. It's no show car though and really should be on the track where 110 is available.

I've been looking for a year for a nice max wedge clone and this one is actually the best I've found (all things considered), but still doesn't work for me (price and fuel requirement). Oh, well, still looking.

so the car just will not run on 93? IF that is all available, where does one have to get fuel? Airport?

Usually if there's a drag strip or dirt track near by there will be a gas station that sells race gas.I'm pretty lucky as we have both within 30 miles.

I've always got it at my local speed shop.

plymouth

OK, well I did find Cam fuel at a circle track about 50 miles away, but it's now at $7.75/gallon. So, it's possible for me, but damn inconvenient. Nothing like a pump gas engine.

I have found a 62 plymouth 413 up in Cleveland that he says is pump gas engine and the right price, if not already sold. I can't even get to Cleveland in this weather. I have to see that one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back