• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Plymouth Savoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsjaw

Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This sucks, but it is what it is.
Found a different car on the board here that better suits my needs.
Thus, as I've seen written here again and again, over and over, MY loss is YOUR gain.
Here are the details:

1963 Plymouth Savoy
Ex Police cruiser from Missouri
Spent a number of years in St. Pete, Florida in the collection of a 68 year old Mopar guy.
Has fender tag in place.
Very clean. Stored indoors.
Body is very straight. The person who painted it said there was very little putty on it.
Built as a pro street car, and it is streetable. I've been driving it every day.
Has a built 440 with a cross ram and twin 600 Holley carbs. My motor guy says he guesses about 550HP the way it is and at least 500 LBS FT or torque. He figures there is at least 15 to 20 percent more in the motor to be tuned out of it (wowza!)
I have been told that it MAY be stroked to 500, but I can't confirm that. Has a deep sump oil pan.
My motor tuner said it has a big cam. The size is unknown.
Indy aluminum heads
I just had the carbs cleaned and rebuilt and the motor tuned.
It has a full MSD ignition, hid under the dash.
Brand new Optima red top battery.
Six point roll cage
Mini-tubbed. Done extremely well. I have had several compliments on the work.
Ladder bar leaf spring suspension. Floater rear end.
8 3/4 posi rear end, gear unknown but I'm sure it's at the very least 4:11.
Drive shaft loop
No back seat. Carpeted very nicely
Stock fuel tank with electric fuel pump.
Lexan side windows. They are power (no kidding). Front and back windshield is glass.
Hood is steel. Scoop is fiberglass and the blend job is excellent. No seams showing.
Weld wheels front and rear. MT street slicks on the back, Sportsmans on the front I think.
Drum brakes.
727 trans with reverse valve body with a rare old skool B&M shifter and a rare Hurst line lock button (disconnected right now. I think it needs a new valve). The trans has a custom made deep sump pan. The pan could use some paint.
Custom made ceramic coated headers. They were $1500. My motor builder said they are "a work of art".
3" Flowmaster 40 exhaust that dumps down just before the rear end.
Grill was custom cut to eliminate two of the headlights for a smoother look.
Front bumper is fiberglass. Rear is steel painted.
The rear deck lid is fiberglass.
Rear mounted battery.
AM FM Tape stereo. Might have CD, but frankly I don't use it.
No windshield wipers.
I run 93 octane pump gas with about a gallon of 110 race gas on each fill. Seems to work the best, in my opinion.
Street legal. Has title. All the lights work. Speedometer does not. Nor does the odometer.
Air cleaners are brand new.
It's a ball to drive. Gets amazing amounts of attention on the road and at shows. It'a a beautiful but understated looker. I love love love love love the car. And when it needs to, she goes nice and straight with awesome forward bite and pins you in the seat (if you know what I'm sayin):puke:
I will take and post more pics tomorrow on my neighbors lift so I can show the bottom of the car, motor, etc etc, which is very clean, as is the firewall.
Only selling because another car came up here on the board that fits my daily driver criteria much better.
I can deliver the car in the next week or so anywhere between Miami FL and Henderson, KY or thereabouts, for some gas money.
I can ship internationally as well.
You cannot build this car for what I'm asking. No way. Price is firm. I have no room to move.

Price: $18,000

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 004.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 003.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 002.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 006.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 005.jpg

Last edited:
Somethings gotta give.
I've got another car lined up on the boards here that is from a guy who has no room for it since he's getting another car, now I'm getting his old car and I have no room for this one.....vicious circle. (lol)
Yeah, for the money especially, this is a really nice car. You can't buy and build this thing for $18K. Just can't.

That is an awesome car for that price. Just wish I had more room.

if i could sell my cuda i would be on it

That's good buying, shame you have to part with it......especially being such a recent purchase, good luck with the sale.

Wow that seems like an incredible car for the price. Why don't I have more money and garage space at times like this??

I just drove it to the race shop, mixed in 5 gal of 110, and drove it back to my friends house for pix tonight of the underside on his lift. Drove it a total of 5 miles.
What a freaking monster.
I wish I could afford to keep it AND run almost all 110 in it and not have to mix with 93.
Wish I could keep this one AND the daily driver I have coming.
Sucks being cash-poor.
Sucks being garage-poor.

It's a surprise.
Daily Driver for me. Nothing fancy, but it will be fun for me. I do more daily driving than most people, and the Savoy, well....just wasn't a good fit for that.
On the boards here, so I'm sure you've seen it.
I'll properly introduce it here in a week or two when it gets here, (and maybe hand out cigars...lol).

that savoy is a beast. too bad your daily driver won't have that much grunt.....lol.

I figured it might've been a tamer version of what he already has.....who knows,the new one might be red.

I guess the cat's out of the bag!:icon_bounce:

Ahhh......some guys here know....some guys don't ;)

Let's lift up her skirt :angel1:

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 104.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 100.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 103.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 089.jpg

1963 Savoy 10-16-2010 079.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back